Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 08.12.2004, 07:55 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via ICQ to Wandering Kid

yea its true that ebay has its problems and they seem to deny the existence of the problem rather than fix it. but as long as you stick to reputable sellers and they provide details of the condition of the unit and pictures as necessary then you are pretty much covered against fraud (especially with the buyer protection going up to ?500 over christmas, plus the fact that if you use your creditcard you can use chargeback via your bank should you get scammed). if they dont have a picture or they dont describe the unit's condition and dont even specify the model (i.e. 'access virus graet condition!!!' and thats it), i wont even bother looking at it. and neither would anyone worth their weight in salt.

but that ?500 virus c desktop was from a 100% seller with 30 feedback. the indigo II that went for ?725 a couple of weeks back was from a 100% seller too with over 250 feedback.

DS, although losing near on ?500 on the price you bought it for is absolutely gutting, ?950 is one of the better prices ive seen a KC get. not the best (highest ive seen in the past 2 months is ?1,100 something, not including postage), but its hard to get buyers to break through that psychologically significant ?1,000 pound barrier. agreed on the ?725 KC though - thats just not right. MAD not only gets a shit price for his KC, but the sale devalues every other virus too. if a couple more KCs sell for around that amount, then thats the new figure that buyers will try to keep it down to and of course, every other older model has to go down too. i think this is an effect of this new trend for sellers to not put reserve prices on their units.

its common now (although not so much 6 months ago) to put up 10 day listings on expensive peices of studio gear as 0.99p and specify no reserve so that it gets absolutely tonnes of bidders that will hopefully start a bidding frenzy. i dont think that works anymore. most buyers will just wait the auction out till the last 10 minutes and snipe it which is the most logical way of keeping the auction price as low as possible.

take a look at this:

Item number: 5735394436

that guy is gonna regret that i can tell. everyone is gonna watch this auction till the last 30 seconds. put in a snipe bid and hes gonna get less than ?10 for his mate's decks.

Quote:
EDIT: That is my jealousy of not being able to buy a TI showing through by the way.
whata virus TI? what is this mythological thing you speak of? it doesnt exist. LA LA LA LA LA!!!

thats my way of dealingwith not being able to afford a virus TI. it only exists when the cheapest model falls under ?500
Old 08.12.2004, 08:15 PM
New here
New here

Send a message via MSN to ProgressiveD

It's me who got Mad's KC for 1400 us $
I wanted to get a TI too, but when I saw the low prices for the Cs, I thought I would be better off with one of these. I hope I'll like it !

Reselling gear for much less than what you paid for it is how it is in the synth world, it's sad but true. I bought my Motif 3 years ago, and wouldn't hope to get half of what I paid for it if I sold it: it's not new anymore, and the ES is out, so that's normal. I paid 3000 Can $ for it, how much is it worth now ? 1000-1300, not more. That's why I'll keep it !

Plus, don't forget that NAMM is approaching, and we should see some interesting things. People want to keep their cash until they can see what will be unveilled in january.
Old 08.12.2004, 08:55 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

well first off id like to say damn i wish i was that LUCKY second, enjoy your virus, its a wicked peice of kit! third, damn you for devaluing my newly purchased virus b!

in all seriousness though, you are right about price premiums. you see it everywhere. new studio gear comes out that has extra reseach and development costs. because a production line hasnt been established yet, a company like access cannot afford to sell TI's for less than they do at launch because of this. not to mention, if you take risks with new hardware revisions and technologies, you expect a more significant gain. virus C has had a year or 2 to get a production line going and for its components to come down in price making it possible to sell virus C's cheaper. if you bought a virus C close to when it was released for its full price, you pay a premium to get this technology early. as its feature set gets matched by other hardware released on the market, its only natural to see it fall in price.

howver, you got one of the best deals ive seen on a KC, so you got the ebay/virus market at the best time yet. grats on the purchase, have you considered working in stock brokering or the shares market?
Old 08.12.2004, 09:22 PM
Pro
Pro

Default Re: cheap viruses on ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Kid
what in the world is happening?! i just watched the clock count down on an immaculate condition virus c desktop. only had 1 bid. went for ?500 which was the starting bid. thats just nuts.
And whose Virus was that I wonder?

I was quite suprised how cautious people were to get bidding. It just sat on 1 bid until the last 30 seconds and then I got 2 more bids. That would never have happened last month. I'm still waiting to hear from the winning bidder but the silence is deafening.
Old 08.12.2004, 09:50 PM
This forum member lives here

was the final bid 500 quid?
8O

lets hope they forget about your auction

better off keeping the damn thing i reckon.
Old 08.12.2004, 09:53 PM
Administrator

Don't sell via Ebay. That's insane!

Sell privately, and name your price (not stupidly, though). If everyone did this, then all second-hand Virus' would be higher, as people will still want them. They'll get sold eventually, when many people realise they can't afford the TI and lower their sights a little (but not a lot).
Old 08.12.2004, 10:12 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by blay
was the final bid 500 quid?
8O

lets hope they forget about your auction

better off keeping the damn thing i reckon.
It went for an outrageous ?600 together with a jaw-dropping ?12 special delivery charge. Man alive! Some people don't know a bargain when they see one.

The buyer hasn't sent the payment through yet, maybe I should keep quiet, hey? ssshhhhh don't tell anyone (he said on an international forum)
Old 08.12.2004, 10:56 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

smag i honestly feel for you on this one because im shocked at how little viruses have been getting in the past month. anyone planning on selling their virus on ebay, for god's sake put a reserve on it. if you are desperate to make a quick sale, dont do it on ebay because chances are you will get peanuts for it. and yes smag, that virus c desktop went for ?500 a couple of days ago. only 1 bid. which was the starting price. absolutely gutting cuz it was in excellent condition. pretty much as new. the auction should register on ebay for 90 days but i dont know the auction number and i have forgotten the username of the winning bidder or the seller. ill see if i can find it anyway cuz its just painful looking at it.
Old 08.12.2004, 11:00 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Quote:
It went for an outrageous ?600 together with a jaw-dropping ?12 special delivery charge. Man alive! Some people don't know a bargain when they see one.

The buyer hasn't sent the payment through yet, maybe I should keep quiet, hey? ssshhhhh don't tell anyone (he said on an international forum)
the sale is now legally binding and you are obliged to send him the virus should that person pay you in full within a period of time after the auction ends. typically 7 days. however, i do hope this seller's mum or something found out her kid was bidding on ebay using his parent's credit card and they dont pay up so you get a second chance at selling that virus. even ?600 for an as new virus C is nuts. good luck.
Old 09.12.2004, 12:22 AM
New here
New here

Send a message via MSN to ProgressiveD

Hey Kid: I know I got a good price for that KC, but I wouldn't say the best price ever. Keep in mind that synths sells for are a lot more in England (in Scandinavia and in Europe too I believe). I got it for a bit less than 1700 Can $, which is still more than half of what he paid for it new two years ago (3100).