Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 24.01.2005, 01:15 AM
This forum member lives here

Is anybody else just tempted to say F$%K ACCESS and cancel your preorder and buy another piece of kit? I know I am close. I did not preorder and pay in full to be swept under the rug with sounds or release date.
Old 24.01.2005, 04:01 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Anyone attend NAMM? I was able to play the new Virus TI polar. That synth is wicked!! I loved the sound on that and on top of that it looks great. Too bad the price is pretty steep. But I definitely was impressed with that synth.

I found that posted here:

http://www.futureproducers.com/forum...threadid/97321

I'm not going to cancel my pre-order. I sold my Virus kb and a few other things, so I'm going to stay put. If you already ordered one you won't be charged until it ships. I agree that Access should be more open with us, but, If you enjoyed other Access gear then you know we're in for a treat. Just sit back and be cool. When they feel it's perfected we will receive it. Of course I have my Motif ES7, Nord lead2 and Juno 60 to keep me busy, so I can't miss what I never had!
Old 24.01.2005, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot
Is anybody else just tempted to say F$%K ACCESS and cancel your preorder and buy another piece of kit? I know I am close. I did not preorder and pay in full to be swept under the rug with sounds or release date.
I'd at least wait for some sound demos Merlot. The TI could be exactly what you are after in terms of sound, so spending the cash on something else could prove to be dissapointing if the TI does infact sound great.

If Access are reading, maybe you should give at least a few details - even just a small audio demo posted on the boards. People are about to jump ship!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 24.01.2005, 05:39 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Yea, im not gonna cancel my pre-order for the TI. I still want this synth badly and there is nothing else im even remotely interested in. The only thing is I wont trust a fucking word access ever says again about anything. And thier once pristine customer treatment has taken a severe beating with this release.

ten
Old 24.01.2005, 05:58 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default more TI info

from keyboard magazine forums

------------------------------------------------------------------------
I spent a cool half-hour getting the story from Mr.Copland himself on Saturday. He showed me a whole bunch of new stuff that blew me away. I can't remember everything he told me, but the new sync and wavetable stuff along with the LFO's ALONE produced absolutely wonderful new sounds that morphed and filtered themselves, all with the main filters and VCA's wide open. He showed me how, sync'ing with the wavetables, you can effectively have 32 "oscillators" on just one note - it sounded like a whole new thing to me - I don't think the Virus C can do what the new TI will do at all. Also, the new more powerful dual DSP processors give tons more polyphony than you'll ever need. IMO, when they have the operating system finalized and the boyz have worked their magic on the some new patches, this will be another "must have" piece of gear (in addition to Dave Smith's Evolver Keyboard!). Should be shipping in (quote) 45 days.....so expect it around April.
Cheers,
TR
Old 24.01.2005, 06:14 AM

I am not going to jump ship, I am just peaved at the fact Access has the balls to treat loyal customers this way. No press release from them at NAMM, no sounds available, not an official peep from the Access camp regarding any release dates. I know if they dont come out with some kind of statement by the end of the week regarding dates, problems, or sounds, many people will probably feel the way I do now.
Old 24.01.2005, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Well m8....i didnt pre-order.......however...I DO NEED A SYNTH lol.....sold all my synths remember.

Im very close to saying fook it all and get the Andromeda.

I would just like to have some info/update.....i dont like all this quietness.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 24.01.2005, 09:28 AM

Well m8....i didnt pre-order.......however...I DO NEED A SYNTH lol.....sold all my synths remember.

Im very close to saying fook it all and get the Andromeda.

I would just like to have some info/update.....i dont like all this quietness.

DS[/quote]

I am in the same boat, except I am looking at the v-synth. This will be my first peice of hardware kit in a year, since I sold everything else. I am going to wait a little while longer to hear what Access has to say, if they say anything at all.
Old 24.01.2005, 09:45 AM

DS,
These A6 sounds my get your G.A.S. going a bit.
Old 24.01.2005, 10:02 AM

Quote:
I am in the same boat, except I am looking at the v-synth. I am going to wait a little while longer to hear what Access has to say, if they say anything at all.
What the hell am I thinking. I'm not going anywhere!