Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 24.01.2005, 03:21 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
As much as I love the V-synth, it will never replace a good VA. The V-synth is a sound engineering tool which needs great sounds to put in it before you can get great things out of it (IMO). Maybe some sounds from the TI would create some nice V-synth patches (if you know what I mean ).

Hang in there fellas. Hopefully won't be long.
get both !!
Old 24.01.2005, 03:27 PM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorktribe
It's good to remember that even though the wait is long, Access IS building a NEW piece of hardware with a NEW piece of software and a seamless way to integrate the two. Something that they ave NEVER done I can't imagine the pressure that they're under right now to release this project! There must be a lot of asprin in the shop and a stock of caffine pills!
Yep......

However, they didnt have to announce an unfinished product back in November did they hehe. Its self inflicted pressure. There is a Summer NAMM they could have announced at......in my view that would have been better (hindsight of course lol).

But its all academic now.......its important for Access to just keep plodding on and finish the Ti range and get it outthere as and when they can. The last thing anyone wants is a seriously buggy VA. Im confident Access will do a good job in the end. There are some lessons to be learned here......and im sure the guys at Access will take onboard the constructive criticms positively.

SO with that said....someone plz wake me when its shipping....DOH!

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 24.01.2005, 06:41 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:55 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As much as I love the V-synth, it will never replace a good VA. The V-synth is a sound engineering tool which needs great sounds to put in it before you can get great things out of it (IMO).
The V-Synth is actually quite a competent VA IMO, and with the new JP8000 supersaw and feedback oscillators it can only get better. Not quite as flexible as a Virus but it couldn't be easier to program and that counts for a lot. The arp is also kick ass and can be used to modulate sound params like filter cutoff and res etc, something that even the new arp on the TI can't do. Once you have created your VA patch it is then a cinch to resample and get seriously weird with the VariOS section.

However, I will still be getting a TI mainly for the Total Integration aspect. I recently sold my Virusb to fund it and I'm now having a great time exploring the VA section of the V-Synth.
There is also a rumour that OS2 for the VSynth will have streaming USB audio ... whatever that means (I doubt it will be anything like TI).
-grimley

http://grimleyj.home.comcast.net/
Old 24.01.2005, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
The arp is also kick ass and can be used to modulate sound params like filter cutoff and res etc, something that even the new arp on the TI can't do.
I'd so love to see this as a future feature of the TI. That'd be absolutely wicked. Along with the new 'programmability' of the arp', it would resemble a very powerful step-sequencer. Would be the icing on the cake if it was also possible to transmit this data on definable CC-Midi control channels externally, as well.
Old 25.01.2005, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimleyj
The V-Synth is actually quite a competent VA IMO, and with the new JP8000 supersaw and feedback oscillators it can only get better. Not quite as flexible as a Virus but it couldn't be easier to program and that counts for a lot.
True, but it just isn't measuring up to some of the top VAs on the market just yet. Although who knows if they keep adding cool stuff. It may get there. The V-synth for me is the waveform mangling.

Quote:
The arp is also kick ass and can be used to modulate sound params like filter cutoff and res etc, something that even the new arp on the TI can't do. Once you have created your VA patch it is then a cinch to resample and get seriously weird with the VariOS section.
The arp on the V-synth is seriously amazing. I have read alot about that infact (still want to own one so I can try it out though). Having the arp to trigger one note in each keyboard split, but having a different filter on each split, so you get a rythmical filter changing. Cool, cool stuff. The arp is amazing for sure - just wish it transmitted out as normal midi controller data, so you could control the filters and the like on the other synths in the studio.

Quote:
However, I will still be getting a TI mainly for the Total Integration aspect. I recently sold my Virusb to fund it and I'm now having a great time exploring the VA section of the V-Synth.
There is also a rumour that OS2 for the VSynth will have streaming USB audio ... whatever that means (I doubt it will be anything like TI).
I'm not sure if that works on the V-synth actually, it may be an XT only thing. Not enough has been written about it yet (that I could find anyways)

Fuck I really wanna a V-synth. Serious GAS, but no money to burn.....

http://grimleyj.home.comcast.net/[/quote]
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut