Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 16.01.2009, 04:59 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Ok i dont know what im missing here, i got OS v3.0 from the access site, I installed it and it loads as a VSTi and it works, how ever i cant seem to find the side chain option on the plug in and i dont see Virus TI in my list of VST fx plugs? - (I have enabled 3out/input) I'm using Windows XP, Cubase 4.5.2, Intel Core2Quad 4 gb RAM - if that has any relevance lol
Old 16.01.2009, 05:03 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Cool

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy with this new feature. I was up and pumping a slick groove in 5 minutes with this new feature using Live 7. I love Access.

This of course is the welcome mat for the Access Virus Compressor. The algorithm is their, masked as a side chain only compressor. It would be an easier algorithm to use the same signal as the key input.... I love dis' shit.
Old 16.01.2009, 05:08 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Nice one dude!! ok after reinstalling OS 3.0 for my Virus TI 1 Desktop i still dont have the virus as an effect plug in, all i have is the VSTi(virus control) option (with the option of the snow too) in the instruments menu there is also no side chain input selection on the virus control itself......prehaps Access
only made this available to mac users??

Last edited by seanpace : 16.01.2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 16.01.2009, 06:45 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

I seriously doubt this would work on Mac Cubase, but not PC.

OP, can you post a screenshot?

Group channels are like mixer channels. You can't load instruments into them. And the VirusTI.dll is an instrument plug in only (Cubase itself will tell you this, as will Access i think.)
Old 16.01.2009, 06:57 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monobeat View Post
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy with this new feature. I was up and pumping a slick groove in 5 minutes with this new feature using Live 7. I love Access.
Hey Mono, I am going to be testing this out this weekend with Live 7. Haven't had a chance to go through any of the documentation from Access - pretty straightforward to setup in Live?
Old 16.01.2009, 07:17 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk View Post

Group channels are like mixer channels. You can't load instruments into them. And the VirusTI.dll is an instrument plug in only (Cubase itself will tell you this, as will Access i think.)
Digitalgeist242 has it working on Cubase 4.5.2 on OSX which is what im using but on Windows, he has it as a VST insert on a group channel as a effect and he has the side chain input option on his Virus control, i dont have any of these i just have the VirusTI.dll and VirusTI Snow.dll, so thats
why its got me thinking only mac? - Digitalgeist242 can you post a screenshot please?
Old 16.01.2009, 09:03 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
- cubase 4.5 / 5 does support it but the VST3 implementation is buggy and other aspects of VC stop working unless steinberg fixes somethings (which they hopefully will)
you already tried to implement it in VST3? so if steinberg fixes some bugs we can expect a VST3 plugin? would be awesome!
Old 17.01.2009, 12:13 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk View Post

I posted screenshots of the step-by-step system I got to work on Mac as an edit to the original post. That I'm afraid is all the help I can be as I use a Mac and that's how I got it to work. If it doesn't work for you and you're using a different system, you'll just have to try trial and error, if it even does work on your setup. Sorry, but as Access says, this is "beta" and I just got lucky after 12 hours of testing.
Old 17.01.2009, 12:41 AM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

lol. i just plugged a physical output in to the virus. it works fine
(its best if that voice uses a physical output as well, otherwise the timings a bit slow) you cans till control it from the virus control (mind you, you could do this before to )

its probably better with the new virus TI2 if it uses USB2, i dint notice anything about that. surely it must?
Old 17.01.2009, 07:30 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalgeist242 View Post
I posted screenshots of the step-by-step system I got to work on Mac as an edit to the original post. That I'm afraid is all the help I can be as I use a Mac and that's how I got it to work. If it doesn't work for you and you're using a different system, you'll just have to try trial and error, if it even does work on your setup. Sorry, but as Access says, this is "beta" and I just got lucky after 12 hours of testing.
Thanks, Nice work, I definately dont have a VirusTI fx Insert option, so it must only be mac, any one got the option for virus TI as a fx insert in cubase on PC(windows)?