Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 21.01.2009, 09:39 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subactive
The ultimate for me would be to be able to drag n drop the Arp patterns into the host sequencer as Midi Files. Total Control over the pattern.
1. +1 - if this would work then arp patterns could be exchanged on the internet (i think zeta has this function)

always wanted use the arp steps to assign modulation destinations like in zebra, even just controlling the pitch of each arp step would be an improvement.

2. virus control on every midi track, so vst effects can be applied separately to each part
Old 21.01.2009, 11:35 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I've only just realised now that people from Access actually read and post on this forum. It's a bit of a surreal experience - I'm used to companies refusing to come out of the ivory tower for anyone except business customers. It's pretty cool.. :> I will need to watch what I say from now on though :P

Anyway, yus. Someone asked the question, so I responded with a bunch of stuff which by and large I just thought up on the spot. It's really cool that there are constantly new updates coming out. I was pretty nervous about buying my TI KBD because it's the single most expensive item I have ever purchased, EVER. But it seems like my optimism is being vindicated.. :>

I think the reason this thread happened, is because it's something fun to talk about. I don't really see us as complaining, never being satisfied, or anything like that - I am sure you are all as grateful as I am for the excellent aftermarket service and support. But having an OS 3.0 thread where everyone adds their post saying "Thanks Access!! I really appreciate this!!" would be a bit silly really.. :>

-Annikk
Old 22.01.2009, 03:47 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS View Post
I'm not speaking on behalf of Access....but someone, somewhere must surely find this frustrating.
Certainly not any more frustrated than those of us who use a little-known piece of software called Digital Performer.
Old 22.01.2009, 09:27 AM
New here
New here

Why not make both architecture ?

1. Classic Virus Ti control
2. Modular synth features like NordModular G2

My idea is boot menu Classic/Modular

Classic mode for quick an live production

Modular mode for experimental, algoritmic, special using (for more sound and complex possibilities)

DSP Virus power is more large than G2modular - this is great thing for new sounds and possibilities.
Old 22.01.2009, 11:31 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keybdwizrd View Post
Certainly not any more frustrated than those of us who use a little-known piece of software called Digital Performer.
which is not a supported host.

best, marc
Old 22.01.2009, 12:02 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00264167 View Post
this is a simple one; reset vc softknobs to zero by double clicking on them
yes, that would be great
Old 22.01.2009, 01:17 PM
Very mucho Newbie

to be able to turn all lights and main display off on the hardware unit - i always use vc and the virus is always on being used as a soundcard so would be nice to preserve those leds.
Old 22.01.2009, 02:54 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Joey

Quote:
to be able to turn all lights and main display off on the hardware unit - i always use vc and the virus is always on being used as a soundcard so would be nice to preserve those leds.

you can turn the led brightness to their lowest setting by hitting the config button on the virus and then going to that menu

No one cares, no one sympathizes.
So you just stay home and play synthesizers.

www.myspace.com/the_joey
www.myspace.com/blushresponsenyc
Old 22.01.2009, 06:03 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Don't worry about LED's. They are incredibly durable and will last a lifetime.

Knobs and buttons will begin to wear out after about 25-30 years....in other words....alot sooner than your LED's will.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 23.01.2009, 09:41 AM
New here
New here

Post Compressor/maximizer

OK guys, my turn to write to Santa :
The best add would be a compressor/limiter to increase each sound singly.
I often have to use more than the 3USB channels (and convert to wave before final render... ugh ) because I have to use a limiter/maximizer to boost a trance seq or a deep bass...
I don't know how it's possible yet... but I will for sure look at my Christmas tree at next update !