Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music

General discussion about music An area for general music releated threads.

Old 03.01.2009, 12:04 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I smoke weed and my studio was totally tidy up until recently. My korg MS2K is down for repair and I had been completely anally tidy, until the arrival of my new Virus. :>

I find that I clean best when I'm upset about something. The rest of the time I get as far as thinking about how nice it would be if everything was clean, and then the music distracts me again..

So in conclusion; for a tidy studio, don't pay your electricity bill and persuade your female to dump you. Piece of cake! :P

However on a serious note, if any of you ever find yourselves up in the Northeast of Scotland and need a place to crash, come my howse ! I get you high =)

-Annikk
Old 07.01.2009, 04:14 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Buy a Swiffer - much better than a duster. I find a good Swiffering about the studio followed by some Windex on my glass desk makes for a nice clean environment, which (for me at least) makes me more likely to sit down and poke around with my kit. I have a Roomba too, so I get to cheat a bit on the vacuuming...

One thing I wish is that my cable management was better. I wish they would hurry up and make everything wireless, including power... oh yeah, while you're at it I'd like the teleport finished, too...

- max
Old 08.01.2009, 10:35 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlenine View Post
One thing I wish is that my cable management was better.
I got a pack of 20 velcro cable ties, similar to these:
http://www.tazbar.com/SellingItem/WQUVVRVQX
a while back, well worth the money. You still have the cables, but at least they look neater, take up less space and aren't an ungodly mess to untangle when you want to unplug/reroute a single wire.
Old 10.01.2009, 06:00 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Keep the studio clean depends of too many facts like how much time you expend there, how big is it, if you play or produce music or use it like your computer desk, etc, etc, etc. I saw too many home studio many cute few with sound isolation, climate and dew control and many others you be sure have tetanus shot for get in, plenty of empty fast food bags, cigarrette filters on the floor, smell horrible and ashes all over the place, disgusting... and the ironic part some people with good natural music skills, sometimes from this "caves" come out stars. Anyways if you expend a lot of time daily and you use your computer for gaming, eat, keep the personal avery day things, drink, sleep, masturbate, shit, etc should be a complete mess hard to keep clean or you clean it and will be a mess again in just hours like a electronic bench but if you only play/create music is easy to keep clean exempt for the damm dust.
Old 11.01.2009, 02:12 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

A Ha.... I recently bought some paint at the store. It's being painted orange and yellow as we speak. Tomorrow we are jamming in the newly painting studio. A artist is coming over in the morning to make a mural on the wall that says our crew, " Terrakroma"

I am very exited to do that. Bass, Vdrums, xylophone, synths, a turkish female vocalist, yellow and orange walls.... unfortunately the carpets are all mismatched. That is next.

My studio is MUCH cleaner due to my new duster and following suit on being a responsible now "nonsmoker"....

Here I am combining the no smoking thread with the keeping the studio clean thread...

HERE THEY ARE ONE.
Old 11.01.2009, 07:14 PM
Infektion taking hold...

If you care about decoration, depends of you taste and music style some good paint spray create some very good environment example: you can keep the walls or ceiling in white but you can do some spray job with ultraviolet sensitive white color and use a ultraviolet light for pop up your hiding decoration and without ultraviolet light looks like another room.