Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03.05.2013, 03:45 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Default Recommend a USB MIDI controller for me?

I've discovered that my Novation 49-key Remote SL Compact, which is about 4-5 years old, has developed a problem in one of the keys (specifically the G#/Ab key that's about at midpoint).

The velocity is too eager to go to 127 on that key, if that makes sense. You can make it hit lower velocities, but for example if you hit three keys to the left then the key in question and three keys to the right with enough force to target about half of max, in effect the velocity registered might look like:

62-61-59-127-58-60-65

I may explore repairing this particular controller, and any other suggestions to salvage it are appreciated, but since I was eyeballing 61-key controllers anyway, I thought I would put in a request for suggestions.

What are you guys using for a controllers and what would you buy right now if you wanted a new 61 key and why? 49-key solutions considered but 61 preferred.

My primary wish list can be summed up as overall QUALITY! Willing to pay more for it if necessary. I want it to last. Who makes the "best" these days?
Pots for knobs a plus.