Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Off topic

Off topic An off topic playground. If your post doesn't seem to fit on the other areas, it surely will fit here.

Old 28.06.2006, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to 3o3
Default Oi, Aussies..

Last night I couldn't sleep so I spent the night spanking my mon.. err.. I saw a movie; 'Chopper'.

I've seen this movie a couple of times (6-7 times atleast by now). It's about a person called Mark 'Chopper' Read and I find it pretty intresting and now wonder, is that guy for real? Was he a well known criminial/lunatic during the 80ies in Aus?

I always thought to ask any of you aussie-boys after I seen this movie. Did he release books after his criminalcarrier was over?

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 28.06.2006, 11:32 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

he existed all right.
Its dramatised of course, but pretty hardcore dude nonetheless.
Old 28.06.2006, 12:42 PM
Pro
Pro

Tough bloke and good movie.
Old 28.06.2006, 01:17 PM

Is it as good as "Wolf Creek"?
Old 28.06.2006, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

I haven't seen Wolf Creek (yet) but i've read the whole story behind the movie. You Aussie boys sure are crazy, I know now why the brittish 'exported' you down there. hoho.

Hmm, I gotta try to get hold of his books then. He seems to have some rather odd ideas about life in general.

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 28.06.2006, 02:32 PM

Ha ha...

He has is own range of salted beernuts on the market - they use to ship in condom packets - now they are in moisturiser containers

He did his time in Pentridge prison (not so far from where I live)...

Did you watch the extras on the DVD? There is an interview which I think you will find interesting 303

cheers

Blay
Old 28.06.2006, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

I haven't got the DVD (Can't get hold of it here in Sweden). They showed it on TV as the rest of the times I've seen the movie.

I've just gone thru his homepage. I now know why he wanted Eric Bana to play him. He really looks like the 'original'.

Hm. As i might said earlier. He really seems to have some funny ideas about life in general.

Quote:
He has is own range of salted beernuts on the market - they use to ship in condom packets - now they are in moisturiser containers
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA! Classic!

EDIT:

Quote:
Also about the same time Read allowed use of his name to Australia's heaviest alcoholic beer called "Chopper Heavy". The beer is produced in Rutherglen, Victoria, near the location of Australia's most notorious outlaw - Ned Kelly.
Taken from Wikipedia. What the deuce. Does he even have his own brand of beer? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chopper_Read