Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 28.11.2004, 10:14 PM
This forum member lives here

I would've loved some V-Synth style functions, like time-trip pad, and that gorgeous side-band filter....god I love that sound!!!!

SideBand

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 28.11.2004, 11:30 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
Maybe the TI could come with built in Cubase too lol

DS

I don't think you are that far away Digital as we are already seeing the intergration of Hardware and Software (Virus TI and Virus Control).

In my eyes this is a giant leap forward as I must admit, I do love using soft synths and can not wait to get hold of VC

I have never used a Virus in the past but looking forward to getting one. Will I be amazed?
Old 29.11.2004, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Househead
I have never used a Virus in the past but looking forward to getting one. Will I be amazed?
The Virus does it's thing, and does it well.....You should go to a music store that sells Virus and spend a couple hours there.......

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 29.11.2004, 11:37 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee
Quote:
The Virus does it's thing, and does it well.....You should go to a music store that sells Virus and spend a couple hours there.......

True, cheers Jasedee. I always wanting one but never in the position to fork out over a grand for the Viruc C.

Still you get what you pay for I suppose

If you spend crap money, you get crap in return
Old 02.01.2005, 09:21 AM

Quote:

You can spend a relatively small amount of money i.e. ?350 and pick up one of the best analog monosynths ever made (Pro-One) or you could spend a shitload of money i.e. ?alot on one of the worst synths ever made (insert a shitty 'high end' synth here). SO in this strange world we live in.....it doesnt quite work in this simplified way hehe.

Well that was a load of use wasnt it

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 02.01.2005, 01:52 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Quote:

You can spend a relatively small amount of money i.e. ?350 and pick up one of the best analog monosynths ever made (Pro-One) or you could spend a shitload of money i.e. ?alot on one of the worst synths ever made (insert a shitty 'high end' synth here). SO in this strange world we live in.....it doesnt quite work in this simplified way hehe.

Well that was a load of use wasnt it

DS
I know where you coming from DS....I would love to get all the old analog stuff but room is a bit tight

Old 02.01.2005, 02:29 PM

Hehe Househead....

Thats got me thinking......i always find it strange when people state in private adds - 'reason for selling is because im moving house'. It just strikes me as utter bullshite. Have any of u guys here ever used such a reason? lol

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 02.01.2005, 03:47 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Hehe Househead....

Thats got me thinking......i always find it strange when people state in private adds - 'reason for selling is because im moving house'. It just strikes me as utter bullshite. Have any of u guys here ever used such a reason? lol

DS
Yeah, I'm moving house next week and I'm going to buy loads of old analog gear (Juno 106, Pro 5, Jupiter 8, Sh-101, the goes oooooonnnnnn)

Yeah, it's bullshit alright....I should read as "Juno 106 for sale....very reluctant...reason : getting married"

Old 02.01.2005, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Have any of u guys here ever used such a reason? lol

DS
I have. Just before I moved to Japan I had to sell a few things. Guess what though - I wasn't bullshitting.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 02.01.2005, 11:28 PM

But why cant u just pack it up and take it with u?

Why the need to sell? U need the money?

DS