Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 31.05.2009, 10:10 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakhai View Post
I might add: may you Access guys leave all the older OS versions for downloading? so if I ever need a downgrade, I know what to do

don't get me wrong, my 3.0.3 is rock solid, but still it would be nice to know I can find older OS if I need
They're all there, past and present OS versions, on their support/download page. You just have to scroll a way downwards.
Old 31.05.2009, 10:24 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakeblood View Post
Well, my TI2 is kinda a TotalCrashIntegration^2, sadly... as i stated in my posts here http://www.infekted.org/virus/showth...t=30550&page=2
Used as standalone hardware the new OS3.0.3 is enough solid, but in TI mode is rock crashy...

The problem about the 2.7.5 on the TI2 seems is just related in the installation that it will not accept his hardware ID.
Would be GREAT if the guys at Access would update the downloadable installer to add the hardwareID of the TI2 aswell so, meanwhile OS3 gets rock solid, we could install 2.7.5. (we are talking about a 2400eur machine and loyal customers, we deserve some extra attention)
You do realize that you are complaining about crashing using a host that is not even supported? I just checked the thread you linked too - Reaper is not supported. Maybe it would be a good idea for you to read the system requirements.
Old 31.05.2009, 11:51 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago View Post
You do realize that you are complaining about crashing using a host that is not even supported? I just checked the thread you linked too - Reaper is not supported. Maybe it would be a good idea for you to read the system requirements.
Does the same thing in Cubase 4.5, Cubase 5, and Ableton live 7 & 8 on my desktop. I haven't had it crash being used with my laptop yet though since 3.0.3.
Old 01.06.2009, 02:04 AM

Just fully uninstalled and then reinstalled the virus drivers and software and what not and I haven't had it crash for 2 hours or so. I think that might have done the trick! I'm in heaven.

EDIT: Another 3 hours in and it hasn't crashed once so I think it's definitely safe to assume that it's all fixed for me

Last edited by Sonis : 01.06.2009 at 05:10 AM.
Old 01.06.2009, 06:47 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Good to hear Sonis....

And yes...thank you Acces for making the regular updates....
Old 01.06.2009, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
They're all there, past and present OS versions, on their support/download page. You just have to scroll a way downwards.
woops, my bad
double thanx
My personal music (classical, soundtrack, anything else): http://www.myspace.com/stefanobottarellimusic

"Everything starts with E"
Old 01.06.2009, 07:39 AM

I guess I spoke too soon. I was fine for about 6 hours, then it randomly crashed when I clicked in cubase to move the playback marker (while playback was stopped) after that first crash it's crashing every 30 seconds or so even after holding arp edit while powering the unit on, and even when the USB cable is not plugged in.

At least I got a decent amount of use out of it before it turned shit on me again. The sad thing is I didn't bounce the virus tracks to audio yet
Old 03.06.2009, 12:13 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Hello. I use Logic 8.2 on a mac os 10.4.11 with TI (not TI II) desktop. Ive had crashing issues since VC V3 was released. Access have received my project files and have confirmed/replicated the crashing at their end after many emails. They still don't know whats happening as far as i can see but they have been quick to respond to my emails. I really hope they are working on a fix as now i have gone back to using midi and no VC, as its been driving me crazy for months now.

However I do appreciate its a free update and also that they are on the case with all these various issues ive read on this forum.... so yes, well done and thanks access for your ongoing support.. but for me unfortunately VC is still way to unstable to use on a daily basis.

Its still though, by far in my opinion, the best sounding VA synth on the market... real shame about all the VC functionality issues though - id happily pay for an update if only it worked!

I am looking forward though to the imminent new patches as mentioned on twitter!

My two pence worth

Last edited by mckenzie126 : 03.06.2009 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03.06.2009, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckenzie126 View Post
Hello. I use Logic 8.2 on a mac os 10.4.11 with TI (not TI II) desktop. Ive had crashing issues since VC V3 was released. Access have received my project files and have confirmed/replicated the crashing at their end after many emails. They still don't know whats happening as far as i can see but they have been quick to respond to my emails. I really hope they are working on a fix as now i have gone back to using midi and no VC, as its been driving me crazy for months now.

However I do appreciate its a free update and also that they are on the case with all these various issues ive read on this forum.... so yes, well done and thanks access for your ongoing support.. but for me unfortunately VC is still way to unstable to use on a daily basis.

Its still though, by far in my opinion, the best sounding VA synth on the market... real shame about all the VC functionality issues though - id happily pay for an update if only it worked!

I am looking forward though to the imminent new patches as mentioned on twitter!

My two pence worth
In my experience - 90% of the instability people experience is down to some sort of conflict with their computer and the programs/software that they run. I have never had any major problems on my dedicated Carrilon or Synergy Audio PC's. But as soon as I tried VC with an older Dell machine....it was hell.

I think Access do a great job - they certainly dont rest on their lurrels.....but its a fact of life...that for some....VC may never be stable - and in order to fix it for those people....they may introduce problems for those who enjoyed stability. Thats the double edged sword of software programming. True, Access decided to go down the software integration route.....but we should give them credit for having the balls to do it. One day, these little setbacks will be consigned to history.

I'd give Access 10/10 for innovation, 10/10 for a quality product (build and sound) and 8.5/10 for execution. Nearly perfect.

My opinion of course.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....