Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 17.05.2009, 07:00 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

I'm pretty sure 'looking' inside my computer will not fix the problem whatever that is supposed to mean. I can run the VST version of the plug-in on the same computer without this issue. I can also run the hundred or so other third party RTAS plug-ins I have installed on the same computer without this issue. This leads me to believe that it probably is a problem with VC3 as it is still in beta testing. Logical right? From a previous post...
Create a new session in pro tools with an instrument track with the VC plug-in on it. Record or pencil in a note that lasts a minute or so. You dont even have to load a patch just use the INIT tone and hit the arp on button then press play in pro tools & listen carefully. If you record the audio you can see the irregularities in the waveforms & no amount of jiggling around with the waveform will get the audio to sync to the beat. Please confirm or deny this issue as I need to know if I am losing it or there is indeed a problem on my end.
Old 17.05.2009, 07:30 PM
Veteran
Veteran

berni, please post the case number of your support ticket so i can look up details on your system configuration.

marc

Follow the Virus on Twitter: http://twitter.com/accessmusic
Watch the Virus on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/accessmusic
Become Infected friends on Facebook: http://facebook.com/pages/Virus/77569453701
Old 18.05.2009, 05:22 AM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Dear Berni,

This is in reference with your Request Ticket Number: SI00005758.

One of the key problems with PT LE is simply that PT LE doesn't have/provide any PlugIn delay compensation like any other music software does (Live, Logic, Cubase and so forth), so a delay in the sound is inevitable in PT if you don't manually delay tracks hence syncing the TI to the actual song (only PT HD provides Delay Compensation).
That's something we can't do anything about. However the only really known issue right now with PT8 is issues with the automation, so I would appreciate if you could send a PT8 session with only TI tracks left together with an exact description of what is going wrong there on your setup, so we can try to verify this here with exactly your session.

Also we still strongly recommend to use lower buffer sizes than 1024 in any supported host. If that's not possible on your setup I wonder if you can run the TI in Live at lower buffer sizes.

Thanks.

Best wishes,
Joerg Huettner
Old 18.05.2009, 09:04 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
here's to answer your questions: the bpm light is not in time as much as the analog outs are not in time. this is something that was present since version 1. in a nutshell, to compensate the offset VC would need some information form the host which it cannot access. the good news is that we convinced most host developers that having this information would be beneficial and with a little luck there will be positive news regarding the subject sooner or later.
Hi marc,

Thanks for the detailed reply. That's interesting news about the additional information from the host. Fingers crossed here for everybody on that, sounds like the it could do the trick. So, just to get it clear in my head, when adding more and more instrument tracks in Logic, a bigger delay is placed on the previous tracks, and that information would effectively eliminate this issue? Wonder if it would help moving the TI track to the bottom of the arrange!? I would be delighted to help and figure out why the TI crashes. To be fair, I don't think I have seen this crash up until I installed the the 3.0.2.01 beta and then went back to your official release. I'll keep an eye on it and send reports to that thread for you.

Cheers.
Old 19.05.2009, 09:10 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Sadly, I suspect that it's NOT only your arps that are suspect... want to REALLY be pisssed off?

set up a little melody using 3-4 note chord/stabs(full CHORDS) in a part in your logic file (using only 1 part of your Virus control). and turn on unison, any voice unison will do above twin, so use 3-8 voices for the unison setting.

press play a couple of times: enjoy the timing of those notes!!

Oddly and even more depressingly, it seems us mac logic 8 users r the most affected by this problem, though I have replicated it to a noticeable degree in cubase pc and Ableton mac.

Luckily, access have finally admitted the problem and reproduced it on their end on at least 2 machines.

I know the virus is 3 years old already and as such, this problem shouldnt be there, but we really have to wait.

As for your arp. I had a similar problem. It worked perfect when in play mode but when i went to realtime bounce the whole song, it was always late. I simply bounced the virus audio solo'd first then bounced the track (oddly you dont even need to re-line it up).