Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Off topic

Off topic An off topic playground. If your post doesn't seem to fit on the other areas, it surely will fit here.

Old 19.04.2007, 10:21 AM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivePsy View Post
These CNNNN guys are great, their current show is called 'The Chaser's War on Everything'. Real Australian humour loves laughing at ourselves, but of course some 'other' countries take offense.

What were the subtitles for? I could understand the Americans perfectly well

Cheers,
B
Are you an Aussie?

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 19.04.2007, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3o3 View Post
Bloody hell!

If someone would ask me to point out the different states in the US. I'd probably fuck up so bad they'd nuke us Swedes as we're an terroriststate!

Some people like geography, some don't!
So you are saying that not knowing all the states of USA is the same as mistaking Australia for France? I think it's called general knowledge to recognise the different continents and at least be able to roughly place the different countries/big cities/states on the map.

But frankly the truth is that you can get that kind of video collage from any country. Just interview hundreds and hundreds of people and pick the few quota idiots from the lot and focus on them. So easy!

In US case it's bloody easy to find few people that don't have faintest idea what's happening outside US (or even outside the state they live in!).
Old 19.04.2007, 01:21 PM

Im sure I read somewhere that only 10% of Americans actually have a passport. Meaning 90% have never even been out of the country (except maybe to Canada or Hawaii)

But yeah, there are morons in every country...

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 19.04.2007, 01:53 PM

Ah, there are people like that everywhere. Here, for instance. I couldn't get more than half the countries in Africa right on the map.
Old 19.04.2007, 04:51 PM
Pro
Pro

Send a message via ICQ to hatembr

HAHAHA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFuWa...elated&search=

Ok this is a joke, but I'm sure that's really the way his neurons work.
Old 19.04.2007, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juho L View Post
So you are saying that not knowing all the states of USA is the same as mistaking Australia for France? I think it's called general knowledge to recognise the different continents and at least be able to roughly place the different countries/big cities/states on the map.
What I am saying is that; If they were to film me (and most swedes for that matter) and asked me to say where Virginia is located in the US or Utah. I'd probably get those bloody wrong aswell.. Sure I could locate the US but not the states (except a few ones of course)

And they'd (Americans) would have a laugh and say that we swedes are idiots because we didn't get it right.

But yes, some were dumber than others that I don't disagree on however like I said one is better than the other on geography..

I know that Hungary is located in the EU, but where exactly.. Nah, no idea. My brother in law; holy mother! If there is something he knows is where every bloody country and state is located. He's the man to ask

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 19.04.2007, 06:04 PM
Pro
Pro

Send a message via ICQ to hatembr

Yeah but the point is that those ARE americans and do not know where THEIR states are.
In the same way you would not know where Sweden's subdivisions are!
Then, I'm in north africa and I do not know where all of the countries are located, but damn, I know Tunisia starts with T !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3o3 View Post
What I am saying is that; If they were to film me (and most swedes for that matter) and asked me to say where Virginia is located in the US or Utah. I'd probably get those bloody wrong aswell.. Sure I could locate the US but not the states (except a few ones of course)

And they'd (Americans) would have a laugh and say that we swedes are idiots because we didn't get it right.

But yes, some were dumber than others that I don't disagree on however like I said one is better than the other on geography..

I know that Hungary is located in the EU, but where exactly.. Nah, no idea. My brother in law; holy mother! If there is something he knows is where every bloody country and state is located. He's the man to ask
Old 19.04.2007, 08:14 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

One thing you got to remember, or at least I'll point it out if you don't know
(I live in this god-forsaken country....), is that when you have a camera in the face
of an american their minds eye starts to wander to how "I'm on TV!", "Gee golly!", "Hollywood!, here I come!".
That they lose all sense of reality. You could ask them," Which way is up?" They're answer? "Detroit?"
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed." Einstein
Old 25.04.2007, 02:02 PM

Hahahahah!

Laughed my head off! Specially liked the "which one is throwing the rocks?" comment.

Of course this kind of thing can be made in any country, but it's just funnier when it's from america.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut