Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music

General discussion about music An area for general music releated threads.

Old 18.10.2014, 06:31 AM
This forum member lives here

Default Fletch from Depeche Mode

For some reason tonight I started researching the guy. It's pretty interesting -- there is this entire mystique regarding "what does he really do for the band".

What got me started was recalling something I read back in the 80's where some of the other band members described Fletch as the "only one with a day job and a future" (this was before they achieved massive popularity. I always remembered it because I envisioned him as working in a cubicle farm all day and having to take time off work to gig).

The online comments you find range from he is the glue that holds the band together, to he contributes almost nothing musically to something in between. It just makes the band that much more interesting I think.
Old 27.11.2014, 06:55 AM
New here
New here

I was a big fan of DM in the 80'ties. Fletch's mum said, if he didn't do music career, he would definitely became a politician. Shame his "glue" wasn't strong enough to prevent Alan's departure in 1995.
Old 27.11.2014, 11:02 PM

Shame indeed. There were some rumors about Alan rejoining DM a couple of years back, and I wish he would. Last I heard his solo efforts were money pits and he was putting music aside. Sad and kind of surprising to hear someone of his musical talent say that.