Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > The forum members' music

The forum members' music Here you can post links to your music and listen to and comment other forum members' music.

Old 01.03.2013, 08:35 PM
New here
New here

Default Killerhertz Destination unknown

Yes Infected masses I'm a big time virus lover and heres my latest track that got released this week please leave a comment on the track and I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it

https://soundcloud.com/killerhertz
Old 02.03.2013, 10:19 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Congrats on the release, nice beats. Having said that it sounds WAY over compressed & thin & missing a lot of frequencies & not the 'in the face' bass & kick you would expect from a breakbeat track. Maybe try some pro mastering? Just my 2c.
Old 09.03.2013, 10:20 PM
New here
New here

Cheers for listening ,I'm making beats on a budget and can't afford pro mastering as I'm unemployed and my benefit check doesn't stretch to the luxury of a good master ,I know it would go a long way to making my sound better ,maybe if I got some cash for my next release
Old 10.03.2013, 05:54 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1llerhertz View Post
Cheers for listening ,I'm making beats on a budget and can't afford pro mastering as I'm unemployed and my benefit check doesn't stretch to the luxury of a good master ,I know it would go a long way to making my sound better ,maybe if I got some cash for my next release
I hear ya, I think money is tight for a lot of people right now. The thing is if you want to sell your music (& there is not a whole lot of money in that game any more trust me) your sound has to be right. There are thousands of tracks released every week so if it doesn't sound right you don't stand much of a chance.
The 'over compression' trap is one that most people have fallen into at some point or other, I know I have. In an attempt to make it as loud as possible you end up squeezing the life out of the track & end up with something that has no dynamics & is just basically mid range.
Mastering is one of my weak points also. Right now I use Izotopes Ozone which does a fairly good job but would probably be better if I learned how to use it properly
Old 10.03.2013, 07:04 PM
Veteran
Veteran

yep, there's more then a couple of books or video classes on that subject one can get to improve his domestic mastering. but, like most things, it comes with time and experience. Berni's made a good point about the "over compression trap". I think anyone should try to master their own tracks, even if they're planning on hiring some seasoned mastering engineer to do it later - because that learning experience gives some precious insights about what's a good mix and how to properly address things on that stage - which is the gold stage, if you ask me. A good balanced mix is the key for a good sounding track imo.

On topic, I like the arrangement more then I like the mix. Keep at it! Good job!