Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 20.10.2009, 11:52 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Default [resolved-ish] Virus Ti, M-audio Nrv10 Fw Mixer = No Sound

Can't get USB audio through the virus. Don't know if having a FW mixer/audio interface is causing problems.

I can get sound out of the analogue outs, so i know the thing works, but nothing is coming out when selecting USB1, 2 or 3.

The VC software is responding when a turn a knob on the virus itself, just no audio....very annoying

Cubase 4.5.2
Windows XP Home SP2
Virsus OS 3.1.0.0
virus bios v1.03
M-Audio NRV10 FW Mixer/Interface (driver: 5.10.0.5054)

Any help??

Cheers

After much crying, pc directed violence, and installing, uninstalling of drivers and software I found what was stopping the usb audio. I had some Lacie FW and USB management software installed. As soon as i uninstalled this software i could get audio via USB, thought its very crackly and distorted. It plays ok when using the Virus ASIO drivers, but i'll rather use my soundcard.

There's no hub connected anymore, so is there anything else i can try to get rid of the cracking/distortion in USB audio mode? I'm SO very close to having it working 100%.

Alex

Last edited by soulintent : 02.11.2009 at 12:41 PM.
Old 21.10.2009, 06:04 AM
Infektion taking hold...

I don't know how about mac, but on win system you can usually use just one soundcard at time, however when using daw most likely you will be able to configure it to use both at same time so you can redirect the signal from virus to nrv, but perhaps with doubled latency. If I remember correctly in ableton it was possible to set NRV10 as its audio interface and receive sound from virus from vst plugin via usb, but I can also be mistaken. Anyway, I think, running several audio systems on PC you cannot expect 100% stable system - problems may appear anyway.
Old 21.10.2009, 08:14 AM
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjvti View Post
I don't know how about mac, but on win system you can usually use just one soundcard at time, however when using daw most likely you will be able to configure it to use both at same time so you can redirect the signal from virus to nrv, but perhaps with doubled latency. If I remember correctly in ableton it was possible to set NRV10 as its audio interface and receive sound from virus from vst plugin via usb, but I can also be mistaken. Anyway, I think, running several audio systems on PC you cannot expect 100% stable system - problems may appear anyway.
Thanks for you're reply mate. I was trying to do that routing of the virus through the NRV10 via USB last night, and wasn't getting anymore.

I noticed when i click on the 'live' button of the VC software the latency goes...whats it cutting out of the signal chain to sort the latency?

I've also tried using the Virus as the soundcard, but wasn't getting any sound of the headphone output (when surely you would??) and i don't have the correct cables to plug my mackies into the virus.

Hmmmmm
Old 30.10.2009, 01:22 PM
New here

I've also tried loading the demo song when the Virus is set up as the soundcard, but no audio is coming out the headphone output, so I guess thats not working either (though that windows error "bleep" noise still comes out of the NRV10)

The TI control panel loads normally in Cubase, but no USB audio come out (nothing shows on Cubase mixer meters apart from midi information).

I can get audio out of the output1 via the Control Panel, but only briefly before i get a red "Sync error" message at the bottom of the TI control panel. There is also a lot of latency.

When I turn a knob on the Virus, the knob on the Control Panel moves, so the computer is detecting some midi information from the Virus via USB.

I've unplugged the hub completely, but still no joy...also have plugged the FW mixer/soundcard and so no usb audio from the virus....though i've not installed the hub drivers (if there are any to delete??)

I've been swapping emails with Access tech support, but they seem to be stumped too, as i haven't had a reply for a couple of days now.