Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Closed Thread

Old 11.06.2006, 03:24 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
I used to play a computer game called Populus 3.....billiant Windows 98 game! So you can imagine my disapointment when I tried to install it on XP......the fucker wouldnt work.
I used to play this too. That game was bad ass. There is a patch that lets it run on XP... *hint hint*

http://www.populousrevolution.strate...downloads.html
Synths can be like women. After the initial few months of intense love-making, things become routine, banal. Once the deepest recesses have been probed, new specimens begin to attract the eye, bursting with promise of unique treasures to uncover. --Doof
__
Alesis Andromeda A6, Roland SH-101, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha FS1R, Yamaha SY85, Alesis Micron, Kurzweil K2000VP, Roland GR700+G707
Old 11.06.2006, 03:28 PM

What really gets me is that people are having so many problems without USB and without the VC plugin, even with 1.1 that is terrible.

So I reckon a bunch of you wouldn't actually recommend a TI at this point? I was playing tossup between the A6 and the TI and leaning to A6 and just pick up a desktop Virus C or something later, or a TI desktop a long way down the road if the bugs get all ironed out.

How good is the TI over the C in your opinion if the TI aspect is completely taken out of the picture? What is this about internal bus and effects routing better on the C? Any detail?
Synths can be like women. After the initial few months of intense love-making, things become routine, banal. Once the deepest recesses have been probed, new specimens begin to attract the eye, bursting with promise of unique treasures to uncover. --Doof
__
Alesis Andromeda A6, Roland SH-101, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha FS1R, Yamaha SY85, Alesis Micron, Kurzweil K2000VP, Roland GR700+G707
Old 11.06.2006, 06:04 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
Personally I think it might be a good idea for Access to....

Concentrate on getting the Virus D up and running 100% in standalone mode and to make sure that all the powerful synth engine features can be accessed via the hardware.
I totally agree. The synth should work without any major bugs in normal mode. If it doesn't, access shouldn't sell it yet.

edit. The software integration should be just an option. All the functions should be accessible from the synth.
Old 11.06.2006, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Phillips
What really gets me is that people are having so many problems without USB and without the VC plugin, even with 1.1 that is terrible.

So I reckon a bunch of you wouldn't actually recommend a TI at this point?
I wish I could recommend the TI, but I can't, unless you're just planning to use it in single mode via ol' fashioned MIDI cables. Running in sequencer mode and multi mode my Polar has issues. I haven't had arp timing problems, but I get nasty crashes that may be occurring when I have multiple arps running on multiple parts simultaneously.

I may simply have a faulty unit - I don't know. I am weary of being a beta tester for Access. I'd throw the damn thing out the window if it wasn't the best-sounding synth I've ever played.
Old 11.06.2006, 09:15 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

My desktop TI is going back to the dealers, while I was discussing the whole debarcle with the engineer, he mentioned an interesting thing.

He said that numerous TI's had gone back to Access in Germany because of a batch of faulty DSP chips.
It seems they had appeared to test ok, but had not remained in spec after a few hours use.
True or not, it might explain a few things.
Old 11.06.2006, 11:04 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threlly
My desktop TI is going back to the dealers, while I was discussing the whole debarcle with the engineer, he mentioned an interesting thing.

He said that numerous TI's had gone back to Access in Germany because of a batch of faulty DSP chips.
It seems they had appeared to test ok, but had not remained in spec after a few hours use.
True or not, it might explain a few things.
Could you please give a detailed description of the faults which made your TI stand out?

I mean how did they know your TI had faulty DSP?
Old 11.06.2006, 11:25 PM

You may listen to many sci-fi stories from distributors, I havent bought a processor yet which appears to be faulty in the meantime.Maybe I'm wrong....
Old 12.06.2006, 12:15 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Well, after emailing Access with the beta form, they replied very quickly and without any further questioning directed me to send it back for repair in warranty.

I think the clincher was that all my issues where in standalone mode.

I have described the faults elswhere.

If you read my post, I made it clear it was the engineer at the dealers NOT ACCESS that said it may be a faulty DSP.

The engineer obviously has some experience because they had sent back multiple units to Access with the same or similar issues.

I imagine Access do not want the public to think they are sending out faulty units, so they have been (as usual) schtumm on the whole matter.
Old 12.06.2006, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threlly
Well, after emailing Access with the beta form, they replied very quickly and without any further questioning directed me to send it back for repair in warranty.

I think the clincher was that all my issues where in standalone mode.
Same here, and I've sent in the beta form, but not heard back from them.

Did they suggest you send it to them (Access) directly, or to the retailer that you purchased the TI from?
Old 12.06.2006, 08:28 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Via the dealer