Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 26.06.2006, 06:51 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Default Virus Ti - Keysync

Patch named TriblZapMS (RAM-A Program 11)

I've made some edits to the Oscillators and Envelopes though everything else is still default.

Running in its default ARP mode I am finding that each time I play back the sequencer the TriblZapMS part that i've recorded plays differently each time. Still the same ARP sequence but starting at different points each time and throwing off the track slightly.

I thought at first to look at any LFO Keysync parameters to set the Keysync on to ensure that the part plays the same each time. I cant find a keysync setting but instead a Keyfollow, is this the same thing?

Also I notice that the LFO's are freewheeling. i.e. Aren't synced to midi in any way. Perhaps this is what is causing this? However when I sync the LFO's the patch changes (as it should). Though I can't make it sound the same as it does in its default state no matter which sync setting. i.e. 1/8 - 1/32 - 1/64 etc...

Do you know what i'm getting?

Maybe i'm looking in the wrong place? I'm thinking right now that it might be to do with the ARP mode. i.e. As Played/Down/Up&Down etc...

< Edit: Its not the ARP mode >

If you've got any other ideas i'd be glad to hear them.
Save me Reading The Fucking Manual

Cheers
Old 26.06.2006, 08:48 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

well i know it's not keyfollow, as what that does is when you have an lfo or filter triming of the top or low end you normally lose the higher or lower notes repectively. keyfollow is used so that those notes aren't lost.
Old 27.06.2006, 12:15 AM
Am starting to like this forum

I get this arp behaviour when I select arp mode up+down, almost never the same arpegge, it goes from up+down to down+up and vice versa. This problem hasn't been solved in my TI with usb control or midi either.
Old 27.06.2006, 12:19 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Thanks djencode.

Hi diy, i'm not sure its a bug, perhaps just a configurative setting?
Right now though I don't know.
Old 28.06.2006, 08:06 AM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

Is this something to do with the LFO reset?

Sounds like the LFO is not resetting on keypress...

Perhaps I am missing the point.
Old 28.06.2006, 05:52 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Default Re: Virus Ti - Keysync

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvisibl
I thought at first to look at any LFO Keysync parameters to set the Keysync on to ensure that the part plays the same each time. I cant find a keysync setting but instead a Keyfollow, is this the same thing?

Also I notice that the LFO's are freewheeling. i.e. Aren't synced to midi in any way. Perhaps this is what is causing this? However when I sync the LFO's the patch changes (as it should). Though I can't make it sound the same as it does in its default state no matter which sync setting. i.e. 1/8 - 1/32 - 1/64 etc...
hit the ENV MODE button. if the phase does not suit you, use the TRIGGER PHASE parameter to move it

Quote:
If you've got any other ideas i'd be glad to hear them.
Save me Reading The Fucking Manual

Cheers
nobdy can save you from that

R
Old 28.06.2006, 11:42 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Cheers drammy.

Ronkaz thanks, though i'm finding completely random results when I change the trigger phase. For example if I change the phase from off to 1 in either LFO 1 or 2 the sequence will often (but not always) differ each time I play it albeit that the changed sequence plays differently from the default sequence. When I change the Trigger Phase from 0 to 1 and it doesn't produce random results it also doesn't retain the same notes played in the initial sequence it seems, instead reducing the sequence from playing over 4 or 5 notes to just 2 which throws the rythmic aspect of the sequence off altogether.

I don't know if this is perfectly normal behaviour for the trigger Phase setting, especially with it only being changed from off to 1? I've never used it before and i'm a noob to Virus synths.

I've since gone through the manual and checked out the LFO and ARP settings, nothing stands out. I'm holding hope though that its simply a patch configuration setting somewhere rather than being attributed to any buggy elements. This is an integral voice part to the track i'm writting right now and is somewhat holding up progress.

The patch name again is TriblZapMS (RAM-A Program 11) if any other Ti owners out there would like to have a look to see if you can find out how to get the sequence to play from the same point each time on keypress whilst retaining the default rythmic quality of the patch?
Old 29.06.2006, 05:51 AM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Quote:
Ronkaz thanks, though i'm finding completely random results when I change the trigger phase. For example if I change the phase from off to 1 in either LFO 1 or 2 the sequence will often (but not always) differ each time I play it albeit that the changed sequence plays differently from the default sequence. When I change the Trigger Phase from 0 to 1 and it doesn't produce random results it also doesn't retain the same notes played in the initial sequence it seems, instead reducing the sequence from playing over 4 or 5 notes to just 2 which throws the rythmic aspect of the sequence off altogether.

I don't know if this is perfectly normal behaviour for the trigger Phase setting, especially with it only being changed from off to 1? I've never used it before and i'm a noob to Virus synths.
trigger phase 1 means that you move the phase by ~3 degrees, which is not much.

take ta look into the synth programing tutorial from howard scarr, page 81. it explains the parameter prety good.

Quote:
I've since gone through the manual and checked out the LFO and ARP settings, nothing stands out. I'm holding hope though that its simply a patch configuration setting somewhere rather than being attributed to any buggy elements. This is an integral voice part to the track i'm writting right now and is somewhat holding up progress.

The patch name again is TriblZapMS (RAM-A Program 11) if any other Ti owners out there would like to have a look to see if you can find out how to get the sequence to play from the same point each time on keypress whilst retaining the default rythmic quality of the patch?
rom b115? is it that one? I got it more static when I just press LFO1 SELECT - ENV MODE - LFO2 SELECT - ENVMODE

when both osc's are in env mode they both start with the key trigger

I hope that is what you want

R
Old 29.06.2006, 05:44 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Yea ROM B115 or RAM A 11

Quote:
LFO1 SELECT - ENV MODE - LFO2 SELECT - ENVMODE
It makes it static but you'll hear that it also then goes from its 4 or 5 note rythmic sequence to a 2 note Police siren type sequence and doesn't move on from that. Unfortunately it doesn't work out for me.

Thanks for your help.
Old 30.06.2006, 10:09 AM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

they get of course retriggered .. maybe you should try to clock the lfo's.
tonight I will poke around a bti

R