Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 25.09.2011, 09:54 PM
New here
New here

Cool [solved] Are Saturation and FM Amount related?

Hi!

Does anyone know if saturation in any way can affect fm amount? I have read the manual and according to that i cant see any obvious link, but that does not say that there is not one (or several). Sometimes when i fiddling around with saturation it sound at least a little bit like you in some way affected the fm amount. But that might just be the way it sounds, and not actually is.

I just wanted comfirmation from someone really tech-savvy and Virus C savvy that could say that they dont have any clear connection. Im sure that due to the almost semi-modular architechture of Virus C, that you could connect it in some way but i mean now without so much fuss.

And oh Yes I have an Virus C Desktop synth, if you did nog get that from above.

Thanks in advance and cheers.

//Tommy

Last edited by punx : 30.09.2011 at 11:39 PM.
Old 26.09.2011, 12:00 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by punx View Post
Hi!

Does anyone know if saturation in any way can affect fm amount? I have read the manual and according to that i cant see any obvious link, but that does not say that there is not one (or several). Sometimes when i fiddling around with saturation it sound at least a little bit like you in some way affected the fm amount. But that might just be the way it sounds, and not actually is.
Hi there.

The saturation option has several types available. It has the usual saturation, or it can do waveshaping instead, such as Shaper or Rectifier (and others). The latter two may cause similar effects to FM in some instances. Shaper can sound really harsh and nasty in the higher frequencies (just like using high values of FM), while Rectifier can sometimes give an almost slightly detuned 'waveform beating' effect similar to a low FM modulation value with two oscillators.
Old 30.09.2011, 11:37 PM
New here
New here

Ok I thank you for the answer and i think that will also put an end to the question and in short no the Saturation can then not directly affect the FM Amount. It can though bring out sounds that well sounds like that.