Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Old 03.11.2018, 02:31 AM
New here
New here

Smile Vocoder and drums

Hi I am running some drum loops through the vocoder and I was wondering like if anyone knows how to get more of a response out of it. Because st first all the knobs did not do much like umm I’m putting it over a Nord lead 3 so they sound fine together but when I find the specific parameter for the knob and use them and it has no effect I feel like I don’t know what I’m doing. I read the manual but a lot of the vocoder parameters do not do anything to the sound. Does anyone know how to get more of a response some Params just don’t do anything to the sound.... *confused*
Old 04.11.2018, 09:19 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Funny, I just tried the vocoder (with spoken words) for the first time last Friday, and came to the same conclusion... at first!
But by checking out some of the vocoder presets I found it to be important to use the proper parameter combination as a starting point and the work slowly to tailor the sound. Tiny adjustments can have a lot of impact, and the parameters influence each other. IOW, I found the parameters having a very small sweet spot. But once you find that it‘s actually pretty good.

PS: Also, I had to set the Filter Cutoff Link (!!) to ON.

Last edited by oli@bass : 04.11.2018 at 08:18 PM.