Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 28.01.2006, 04:53 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Demo great idea:

.."and here we hear the TI drifting away which shows that he?s simply so much faster than all the other synths...awesome ! Just like advertised !"

..."and for the climax after 3/4 of the demo it?s now about time for the amazing DSP crash !"

Joke aside. Need to get that fixed and I?d be SOMEWHAT shocked when SX would sync better than Nuendo does ! Yeah, I would inform Jake68 immediately

Peaceful greetings,
Matthias

PS.: The only headache I have is that I need to install an H2O version of SX which will greatly conflict with my dongle... not much of a win/win stituation.

NUENDO 3.2
Old 28.01.2006, 05:35 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Quote:
PS.: The only headache I have is that I need to install an H2O version of SX which will greatly conflict with my dongle... not much of a win/win stituation.
I hope you havn`t yet!!! 8O

SX would run perfectly using your legit Nuendo licence!!! (I have a separate dongle for each, but can freely run both apps using the Nuendo dongle only).

Best,
midi.
Old 28.01.2006, 07:06 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midi_Glider
Quote:
I hope you havn`t yet!!! 8O

SX would run perfectly using your legit Nuendo licence!!! (I have a separate dongle for each, but can freely run both apps using the Nuendo dongle only).

Best,
midi.
I know, but I don?t have the original installer for SX.

Nevertheless:

IT IS TRUE !!!!!

I installed SX and the Virus TI behaves completely correct. At least the Arps are in sync, with the Cubase Arpache I still get some deviance in timing, but this could be Steinberg to blame. Once more.

One sideeffect: Also my other synths that are receiving MIDI clock do behave much better than with Nuendo. They are always in sync, not only every third time I hit play.

Another sideeffect, but this is interesting for legit Steinberg users only: It?s true what H2O says. Using their emu instead of the real dongle indeed frees up some CPU. For audio it seems to make no significant difference (if any), but when using MIDI or VSTis, the difference is really huge. I loaded a project where I made excessive use of VSTis and that always had problems in playback at lower latencies. I always thought this was due to the HD-performance. But NO, IT IS NOT ! The HDs have no problem when using the emu, the problem is elsewhere. Phew. I feel fooled. Somewhat fooled !

Woaw, like this I really love my TI and say a big sorry to Marc, you were completely right with this.

--------------------------------------
Now the dark side. What will I do with this information ? Of course I will post it to the Nuendo forum. But which conclusion to draw ?

NUENDO 3.2
Old 28.01.2006, 07:17 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Well, its time to post in the Nuendo forum I suppose...

Best,
midi.