Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 20.08.2008, 07:07 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Send a message via MSN to AjmaGard
Smile

I recently bought at snow. I must say that the TI stuff and its small size are the main reasons I got it over a C (I had an Indigo 2 Redback once and missed the virus sound).

I was at some point, in the decision process, worried that the lack of knobs would be a problem. It isn't... Dedicated filter cut and res knobs and 3 "soft" knobs you can dedicate to which ever parameter you want. You don't really need anything else when playing live.

And I guess this it mainly what it comes down to in the various discussions on the snow vs. other vira: Purpose.
If I wouldn't ever take my virus anywhere but my 'studio' (in quotes because it has been degraded quite a bit since my daughter invaded my playroom ), I would definately go for at desktop virus (most likely TI) or an Indigo/Pølar (though the Pølar is too expensive for me ). But for gig'ing the Snow is awesome because of its size (and the fact that it can be used as a soundcard is also nice, less stuff to carry).

I don't get the bashing of the TI stuff... it hasn't crashed for me yet. And if it does, chances are that it may be caused by something else than the actual Virus software... If you look at bug reports for the TI software, also please notice the version... I believe that access has fixed most bugs found in the initial releases. That's just how most public software releases are since no matter how hard you test your software, there will be numerous people running strange programs and hardware that can interfere with your software.
Also I think SoundDiver for the Virus C is much more buggy than TI software

Did I mention that the interface of the TI software is actually much easier to work with than the hardware interface? You have everything available with a click of a mouse and not through scrolling through menues.

I have not regret that I got a Snow over a C... also concidering that the C being discontinued, the chance that new features will be available is close to zero compared to the TI.
Old 29.04.2009, 07:19 AM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Hi everybody,
I own a C and bought a snow a couple of months ago.
For what I know by now, I should have saved my money to buy a new TI2 but thats just for now.
I loved my C for years, still do and would never sell it, but the TI Idea is, imo, one of the best inventions in hardwaresynths in the last years.
Many people are having problems with their Snow, I didnt/dont have, crossing fingers, just a minor issue narrowed down to my DAW.
But I have to say, the support is really slow, at least in my case, and the pricepolicy is also questionable. But nevertheless I bought my second Access Synth and if I had the money, I´d buy the TI2. So regarding the threadtitle: the analog sound of the C is great and fat, the snow does loose a lil in comparison, but the TI Mode in Snow is imo the winning arguement.

@Marc: Good thing an "access-man" is hear to listen to us whining
Old 30.04.2009, 05:03 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Jones View Post
just read this thread and i have to agree with Marc. I have had a TI since the very early days (mine was a preorder) and yeah there were indeed some problems with it initially - some serious. But i can say without hesitation that this this is rock solid now and has been for quite some time.
Same here. the last production version (2.5.3) is stable as.

Also, I was an old-skool stand alone user of the TI. Finally I decided to give VC a go and now I won't look back. It's awesome!!!

=US.