Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 26.03.2006, 06:47 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default 2 questions about TI ..

Greets ..

I have 2 questions:

1. If I import all the Virus C factory presets into Virus TI will they all sound exactly the same and I really mean EXACTLY the same as in Virus C? Even including arpeggiator factory setup for each preset, effects factory setup for each preset and everything like I`m actually playing the Virus C for the first time or will there be any differences and which one?

2. In Virus TI do most or maybe even all factory presets use those new oscillators, new effects and other new features of Virus TI that directly effect the overall coloration of sounds even in small amounts?
Old 26.03.2006, 01:31 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Default Re: 2 questions about TI ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by host
1. If I import all the Virus C factory presets into Virus TI will they all sound exactly the same and I really mean EXACTLY the same as in Virus C? Even including arpeggiator factory setup for each preset, effects factory setup for each preset and everything like I`m actually playing the Virus C for the first time or will there be any differences and which one?
Yes, Access even offers all the C Banks for download for the TI.

Quote:
2. In Virus TI do most or maybe even all factory presets use those new oscillators, new effects and other new features of Virus TI that directly effect the overall coloration of sounds even in small amounts?
I'd say 1/2 to most.
Old 26.03.2006, 02:14 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Default Re: 2 questions about TI ..

Quote:
They should sound the same. As I understand, the engine is pretty much backwards compatible with each Virus instance in the series (A, B, C and TI), but this is something that someone from Access-Music would have to confirm.

Quote:
Well, obviously not all, since that would not show off the TI, but only the difference between it and previous Viruses in the series (A, B and C). To benefit new users (and Access-Music), patches of the past (series) is something that needs to be part of the TI, or at least SIMILAR patches.

Meaning one oscillator programs, one filter programs, vocoder programs or the programs created by (not to be terribly biased here but...) Howard Scarr's which, accompanied by his "Virus programming tutorial" (which EVERY Virus user should read; on Access-Music support page for your Virus) is probably one of the most valuable resources to people who wants to learn how to program the Virus series synthesizers. Of course, I didn't mean to say that HS's programs are "better" than other programs on the TI, that were created by some very talented sound creators.

as far as I understand, the ROM sounds are freshly built for the TI (except for a few, explained above). Ben, Marc or someone else from Access-Music?
Old 26.03.2006, 02:31 PM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

Glitch in the matrix? - Im sure I just read and responded to this post somewhere...

I must be still sufferring from space-time continuum issues...
Old 26.03.2006, 02:43 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazul
Glitch in the matrix? - Im sure I just read and responded to this post somewhere...

I must be still sufferring from space-time continuum issues...
Oops sorry, didn't see any replies...

"Gzzzzzgsst! New data uploaded!"
Old 26.03.2006, 03:02 PM

I figured it out - he posted exactly the same post in a parellel universe (other forum) - another good reason for swallowing up the other one - at least now that the main irratating troll has moved on...

I think anyone who cross posts to both should have the newborn avatar inflicted upon them permenantly
Old 26.03.2006, 06:20 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazul
I figured it out - he posted exactly the same post in a parellel universe (other forum) - another good reason for swallowing up the other one - at least now that the main irratating troll has moved on...

I think anyone who cross posts to both should have the newborn avatar inflicted upon them permenantly
Yeah I just saw it now (site was down earlier this morning).
Old 27.03.2006, 11:43 AM

Just a heads up that MULTI'S from the previous Virii are NOT compatible with the TI, just in case anyone was wondering that.
Old 27.03.2006, 12:16 PM

Does it try and apply the parameters anyway, or is the version number used to reject them?

I guess its the aux/usb param conflict that upsets it?
Old 27.03.2006, 02:16 PM

Actually it's cause Multi's in the TI have the patches embedded as part of the multi, while Multi's in the previous series just referenced single mode patches.

I really don't know what happens if you try and load previous multi versions into the TI, never tried as I never used multi mode until I got the TI.