Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 08.09.2015, 05:03 AM
Newborn
Newborn

Default Virus Ti Routing/Processing Map

Hi everybody

New to the forum
i have just purchased my first virus and i am loving it!

my question:
does anyone have a map or is really good at drawing a map to show the order of processing and routing?

i personally found the map on Massive very useful just to look at while learning to use it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ni3routing.jpg (85.4 KB, 1 views)
Old 08.09.2015, 12:45 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

This one is Virus C and doesn't show you how OSCs are split into the filters when in Split or Parallel mode - but it's not really that far out.
Old 12.09.2015, 02:18 PM
Veteran
Veteran

When you choose the "Parallel" configuration, the oscillator's section output is fed equally to both filters. The filter balance knob then acts as a mixer knob, as explained on the manual. In the middle position (12'o clock) you can ear both filters mixed equally. Fully turned left, you only listen to Filter 1, as you start moving it right, you start mixing in the output of the second Filter, and vice-versa.

As you can see on the routing diagram you posted, the "filter saturation" stage is applied to the first filter only.

With the "Split" configuration, the output of oscillator one is fed into filter 1, then the output of oscillator two (and the third as well, if turned on) is fed into the second filter. Each of these signals, on this mode is fed to its own VCA and you can then adjust the amount of "spread" using the "UNISON Pan Spread" parameter, in the EDIT menu.

All there is to it