Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 06.11.2006, 07:11 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Default TI as audio interface and Synth

Hi,

Ive got a plan of getting a TI desktop. I currently have a Tascam US122 as audio interface to PC. I do sequence on my Triton Extreme and my Classic's audio out goes to its(triton) audio input so my Triton acts like a 2 channel mixer.Triton's audio then goes to the US122.

Now,I know that the TI is an audio interface too. Can it serve as an Audio unit that can replace my US122 and function as synth module at the same time?My setup shall be Triton's audio goes into TI's inputs which goes straight to PC. Of course,when my triton plays a sequence,TI should play as a synth at the same time.

Would this be possible?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Em
Old 06.11.2006, 10:17 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

yes. if you have your midi out to the midi in of the virus, when it is not in sequencer mode it will be controlled by the triton. when in sequencer mode (like when you are in your daw, logic or cubase or what have you) you would need to load the au into a track, then you could use your triton to control that track. not only can you use the ti as an audio interface (which worked well for me on pc, but crashed explore.exe every time i put it in standby. which aparently is a standard issue for me, cause now my ti is on my mac and i have a fast track pro on my pc, and when i turn that off it crashes explore.exe too.) but you can also use the ti as a midi interface as well. this means you could have midi out from triton to virus, and out from virus into triton. when in the sequencer you can control both, and standalone you could use the triton to control the virus.

hope that answered all your questions.
Old 07.11.2006, 01:50 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Thanks DJencode.

I do sequencing on my triton. I don't use any SW sequencers. To best explain my set up pls see below.

TRITON_________ TI
midi in<-----------midi out
midi out---------->midi in
Audio out--------->audio in
usb----->PC----->monitors

I expect TI to function as a kind of an Audio carrier of my triton to PC and at the same time function as a synth whose audio stream goes to PC as well via USB when I play a sequence.

What I am trying to achieve is possible. Am I right?
Old 07.11.2006, 05:58 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

the virus will only act as an audio interface and midi interface when not in a sw sequencer. so you could trigger the virus using the midi, but you could also trigger soft synths.

essentially it would be set up like this

Triton --------> TI
Monitors <-------TI
triton midi out ----> ti midi in
ti midi out -----> triton midi in
and what ever pc program you use to record with the ti as the sound card.

only problem you will run into is without using a software sequencer, you won't be able to record any ti sounds unless you sample them into the triton. because when not in virus control it only outputs audio via the main outs or aux outs.