Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 19.11.2006, 12:26 PM
New here
New here

Default TI: USB - I am sceptically !

Hi all,

so far I am a Virus C user. I'm playing with the idea to upgrade but I have doubts regarding the TI's USB audiointerface. I will never understand why access choosed USB instead of FireWire, but this is not my question. So i would like to know your experience and how happy you are regarding the USB solution of the TI. In particular I would like to know the following:

1. Is there any dependence between the access ASIO driver and the TI control plugin? So is it possible to control the TI via the plugin in cubase without using the access ASIO driver? (I would prefer to use my RME Hammerfall PCI device)

2. Is it generally possible to disable the USB Audio streaming (but using the TI-plugin anyway) so that USB-audio do not reduce my system performence?

Thanks in advance
Chris
Old 19.11.2006, 04:52 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to HiEnergy Send a message via AIM to HiEnergy Send a message via Yahoo to HiEnergy

The audio streaming can be suppressed by changing the outputs for every sound from USB to the Virus stereo out in the VC.

For me the VC proved rather unreliable so I avoid using it at any cost. A typical error symptom for me is the BPM LED "missing a beat" or completely ceasing to flash. This only happens when using VC.

I'm using TIOS/VC 1.2.3 (did not yet update to 1.2.4 after reading that others rendered their Virii nonfunctional by this update) with the Virus being my audio interface and Ableton Live 5.2 as a host on an Intel Centrino laptop.

Works like a charm as long as I run the Virus in Multi mode without employing the Virus Control VSTi.
Old 19.11.2006, 07:15 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

VC and the audio streaming from the TI over USB back to your DAW is independent of whether you also choose to using the TI as your ASIO audio interface.

Personall I use neither - just use it a regular hardware synth and load up VC sometimes as a patch editor/librarian, but mostly use it in multi-mode now.
Old 20.11.2006, 06:07 PM
New here
New here

that's exactly what I wanted to know.. thank you both!
Old 20.11.2006, 06:34 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Buy the TI. Just don't turn on Virus Control or else you'll wish you didn't buy it. I was there once... It's a synth, not a plug-in... at least not yet.
Old 21.11.2006, 12:54 PM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

I use VC without any probs.

I sequence my tracks with the TI outputting through the USB, but when it come to bounce down I click on the little 'D' (I think - can't remember) and it is quickly changed to output via the analgue outs, when I 've finished I change it back and move on.

Painless. Although I appear to be one of the lucky ones...

Drammy
Old 21.11.2006, 04:08 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Quote:
but when it come to bounce down I click on the little 'D' (I think - can't remember) and it is quickly changed to output via the analgue outs,
So, you are not bouncing your TI audio, I assume. Is the D in the common output section? Do you use TI analog outs to record into your sequencer? My arps are uneven no matter what outputs I use... it's so sad. It makes me cry late at night when nobody is watching...
Old 22.11.2006, 06:12 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

So, is it possible to replace my USB2 soundcard with the Virus TI or what ?
Does it perform well enough, latency etc.

Threlly
Old 23.11.2006, 07:33 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

A poll I started on virusti.com currently shows pure balance between the satsfied and dissatisfied VC users. But it's only 16 ppl or so (incl. 2 reported blank votes) who have given their vote.

I don't know what to think about it.

But I will follow the advice I have just been given by Support, hopefully I do not end up reinstallying the system followed by DAW xchange lol
Old 23.11.2006, 09:03 PM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

The D was introduced a couple of versions ago - its on the pane down the left hand side - its not on any screen. It switches outputs to the main analogue output and is for the purpose of recording the audio