Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

View Poll Results: microKORG or MS2k?
microKORG 0 0%
MS2k 5 100.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02.11.2002, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to 3o3
Default microKorg vs ms2k

well, tomorrow ill go down to my localmusic dealer (or atleast try) and check out the microKorg, since i liked to ms2k ALOT,

whats the diffrence between those? same synth engine, the vocoder is better on the ms2k, but the design on microKorg has that cool 80'ies look.. but not as much knobs (harder to program) still, what to buy? ms2k or the microKorg? advantages on the microKorg and disadvantages and advantages on the ms2k and disadvantages!

whatcha think? microKorg = cheap (new), ms2k = cheap (2'nd hand).. *uhm*
Old 03.11.2002, 05:14 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

the microKorg is made to creat thos 80's vintage analog sounds...
and the ms2k can do that too i think.... but its more for elc. music then the old analog sounds....
i like elctro. music.... i would go and buy the ms....
i tried it ones and realy liked it-cool sounds
Old 04.11.2002, 01:02 PM
New here
New here

The MicroKorg is made to create the same sounds as the MS-2000. They both have the exact same synth engine. The MicroKorg is supposed to be a live performance version of the MS-2000 and the MS-2000 is supposed to be more of a studio version. Lemme "break it down":

MicroKorg: Is really small and light. Is cheaper (unless you get a MS2K of Ebay). Is highly portable and has a built in mini-keyboard. Runs on batteries.

MS-2000: Has tons more controls.

So basically if you have a laptop studio and want a small portable keyboard to make tracks with while you are traveling the MicroKorg would be great. Or if you need a synth that runs on batteries the Micro would be cool. But it has a huge parameter matrix and I hate them, plus I don't need a highly portable keyboard cause I have a highly portable Virus C laptop so I'd definitely go MS-2000.
Sadness is a barnacle clinging to your bright boat. You won't let it sink your spirits if you'll only learn to float. We are all sea captains, sailing on life's rough seas. Come on you Magellan's, come with me I've got Pie; Happiness Pie.
Old 04.11.2002, 05:30 PM

the ms 2000 K is not for gigs!?
fuck yes!
it got how much?
46 keys? and alot of controllers as you said....
a good synth in a low price,it has its bad qualities like only 4 voices and only 2 midi parts but!!! you can do some realy cool things with it...
Old 04.11.2002, 05:53 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
the ms 2000 K is not for gigs!?
That's not what I said at all. I think the MS-2000 is fine for live gigs, I just said if you want a small portable kit the Micro is better cause it's about 1/3 the size. If you have to lug your own gear around the world to do gigs the Micro would be a lot less back breaking to move than the MS-2000 KB

Quote:
a good synth in a low price,it has its bad qualities like only 4 voices and only 2 midi parts but!!! you can do some realy cool things with it...
Well, they both have 2 parts and 4 voices and make exactly the same sounds. Just the Micro is more portable and has an (IMHO) annoying paramter matrix instead of dedicated knobs.
Sadness is a barnacle clinging to your bright boat. You won't let it sink your spirits if you'll only learn to float. We are all sea captains, sailing on life's rough seas. Come on you Magellan's, come with me I've got Pie; Happiness Pie.
Old 04.11.2002, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator

i think i agree with soren, more knobs is better, and i wasn't meaning the Keyboard version of MS2k since i just wanted the rack, thats enough for me!

and the thing about the microKorg is that it hasen't got as much knobs as the MS2k, and to edit an sound you gotta go thrue alot of paramter matrix, which i also hate!

an ms2k it is later

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 05.11.2002, 11:42 AM

go for the ms2000r
i will get it some day too .... got no money right now as you recall fuck! i want some money!!! want i could do with 1-2 G's right now....virus,ms2000,nord lead,waldorf
i guss i will only see them in pictures and in synth shops..
Old 05.11.2002, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

yeah i know that tomer=trance.. it sucks not having money.. well, i?ll trying to stay as positive as possible, and since my computer burnt i haven't been able to create any music @ all and THAT sucks!

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 05.11.2002, 03:50 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

What are the differences? I've been following this in the ms2k group in yahoo. The micro doesn't have the mod sequencer. I think thats it. Yea it would be cool to take to the park with some headphones. It has a little micophone that screws on it too I think, like the old korg vocoder.

I think besides the mod sequencer, which really does some strange stuff and allows for good pads on it, I would have gotten the micro if it existed when I bought my rack. But I got the rack version, which is probably smaller but the ends stick out about 3 inches for rackmounting.

There is supposed to be a program comming out to allow the transfer of sysex between the two versions too. So you wouldn't have a problem with getting patches, plus the micro korg is supposed to be shipped with a big sound library. This already happened in the UK and they're supposed to do it in the states. It's a promotional thing. Check into that before getting yours. Order from the UK or the States.

Oh yea, thinking the ms sounds 80's. I would say you're wrong. There are alot of cool sounds alot of talented people post and really make use of the thing. Also it has an equalizer that really changes the sound.

The ms2k is better but the micro is cooler.