Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Off topic

Off topic An off topic playground. If your post doesn't seem to fit on the other areas, it surely will fit here.

Old 27.08.2006, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkelly
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3o3
I usually go to bed around ~12-ish but since I have major problems with my sleep, it usually takes about ~4-5-6 hours before I fall asleep..
Used to happen me a lot. Saw a doctor who asked if I spent much time in the bedroom during the day/evening. I was living in a shared house so my gear was all in my bedroom.

I basically had to start leaving my room at 9pm and relaxed in the living room (book/music/tv). Things got better. I bought my own house and now have no need to be in the bedroom except for "bedroom activities".

Don't know the specifics of your situation, but the above helped me enormously.

Good luck with it - sleep deprivation is terrible!

maurice
Hehe, You know.. I suffer from really really really bad anxienty/agoraphobia-problems which means I usually never get outta the house. I try read instead of just trying to fall asleep with success some nights and other nights.. nothing.

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 27.08.2006, 11:39 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3o3
Hehe, You know.. I suffer from really really really bad anxienty/agoraphobia-problems which means I usually never get outta the house.
Fortunately I don't have any agoraphobia, but I suffer from stress very easily. That's why I have to relax for 2-3 hours at the end of the night before going to bed - get all possible sources of stresses firmly locked away.

Not getting out of the house is bad though - just the lack of fresh air alone makes it harder to sleep for me.

If you can you should work it into your life cycle. I had no problems at uni cause late retirement/late mornings was feasible. Not so easy with the 9-5.
Old 27.08.2006, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkelly
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3o3
Hehe, You know.. I suffer from really really really bad anxienty/agoraphobia-problems which means I usually never get outta the house.
Fortunately I don't have any agoraphobia, but I suffer from stress very easily. That's why I have to relax for 2-3 hours at the end of the night before going to bed - get all possible sources of stresses firmly locked away.

Not getting out of the house is bad though - just the lack of fresh air alone makes it harder to sleep for me.

If you can you should work it into your life cycle. I had no problems at uni cause late retirement/late mornings was feasible. Not so easy with the 9-5.
I've been working really hard with my anxienty/agoraphobia lately (well, i've always been working with it) and it feels like it is both getting better and worse! It's just a matter of time before I can beat this demon I've got.

And yes, problems with stress is really really bad. I can't stand stress either

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 27.08.2006, 09:16 PM
New here
New here

insomnia sucks

and to anyone who claims to have it i feel like punching them in the face

I ask them to come back and talk to me when they have a total of one hour of sleep scattered through out 10 days.....10 minutes here 2 there 5 there another 3 there....

Anyways...I feel that lots of musicians with their creative mind probably would know how it feels since most of us have similar mind sets...

I'M NOT 100 percent sure but I would believe that's right...too many ideas in our heads
Old 27.08.2006, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator

LordJonas: Aye, indeed.. When my insomnia were at it's worst I usually got ~5-10 minutes of sleep every 2-3 days.

That sucked, It has become alot better since but still.. I don't got a normal sleeping pattern. I've tried everything and the most effective (as yet) is loads of sex and listening to my; "Relax and fall asleep"-cd.

If that isn't a option (Well, I am one of the lucky fellas with a nice gf) when Ausa is outta town / whatever.. Simpsons/Family Guy on the xbox.

Old 27.08.2006, 09:34 PM
New here
New here

oi...

insomnia at it's worse sucks hell

most i've ever stood up due to it was 14 days

my body was so achey my head was going crazy and i just wanted sleep

I couldn't move I had to call in sick for work
Old 01.09.2006, 03:30 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to bishopkris40

when i built my synth I would lie in bed for hours thinking about the next circuit, or why the last isn't working, all of a sudden you'd get it then get up fix circuit and test and relise you have just missed another nights sleep.

Can't say I have ever suffered from insomnia though that must be hard, I always end up falling asleep eventually, it may be after being in bed awake all night then finally falling asleep during the day.
Old 01.09.2006, 03:50 AM
Administrator

That's a damn good point Mkelly.

For some reason I have a "sleepy time of day" usually around noon.

I try and take my lunch early and then when everyone else is out to lunch I can just sit and doze a bit and catch 20 winks without really sleeping.

It makes a world of difference!
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 01.09.2006, 09:15 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

try to finish work at around six, grab food on the way home, switch on the shid and can be there until 4am quite easily dancing around like a fool. Can't concentrate for shit the next day, but when the creative drive is there, you have to go with it - work just isn't as important, and should suffer by law.
Old 01.09.2006, 10:53 AM
New here
New here

YOU GUYS

i don't know wtf

I'm young

19 in october

FUCKIN i'm drunk and i don't know it's almost 4 in the morning here Music is my life

LONG LIVE VIRUS

i love all it's ups and downs...seriously it's been giving me minor V-Control problems since the day i go it but it's also opened like 50 milliom doors for my mind

I dunno somtimes i can't sleep somtimes i sleep for days

don't mind all the nonsense i'm talking at the moment i'm so wasted

AND FO YOU OLDER PEOPLE

you were once young you know how it is to throw your responsibilities out the door for the night and be wasted

LIKE I SAID DON'T LISTEN TO MY NONSENSE AT THE MOMENT!

I'm usually very insightful but certainly not at the moment!

THIS IS LORD JONAS SIGNING OFF! FAREWELL!!!