Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04.05.2005, 06:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to BlakeLight
Default Alesis Ion's Potential?

I'm currently debating whether to get an Ion to complement my live rig... I'd use it alongside my KC for bass / lead / accompaniment lines... but I'd like to get your guys input on the things potential.

I love my KC because I can do the craziest routings... like using my modwheel to simultaneously control several effects setting, using my foot pedal for cutoff frequency and my Kaoss pad for whatever else I want to control in real time... how does the Ion's programming capabilities compare to the KC.

Ive tried an Ion before, but I wasnt impressed by the presets, but its architecture... especially all those filters... seems pretty enticing (I also wasnt impressed by the Virus' presets, but they had a potential grittiness that I liked). The Ion has a good basic sound I think, I just dont know if I could do all the crazy real-time control routings that I do on my KC.

But then again, I still might just save and get a V-synth... those things are KILLER man... dont believe Rolands presets, the V-Synth is the most innovative synth created in ages... that being said... it still will cost me double the price of an Ion... anyways... if you guys could give me your advice / input / opinions / all that jazz / etc, Id really appreciate it! Peace,

-BlakeLight