Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 29.05.2008, 11:47 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Default [Solved] Ti becomes non-responsive after an hour.

My setup is a MacBook Pro (2.2Ghz, 3GB RAM) running 10.5.3. Virus is 2.7b4. Logic version is 8.0.2. I had this same issue on Mac OS 10.5.2 and TiOS 2.5.1.

I've noticed that after an hour or so of playing (USB) my Virus Ti Desktop suddenly becomes non-responsive. When I press keys on my controller the Virus will make a digital noise sound at very, very low volume but otherwise nothing comes out of it. Changing patches does nothing. When this happens if I try to open Virus Control it will freeze on the screen with the progress bar.

The only way to get it to work again is to quit and restart Logic and do a factory reset on the Virus. If I don't do both of those things (restart Logic and reset the Virus) it stays non-responsive. Simply disconnecting the Virus or putting it to sleep and waking it up doesn't work it has to be reset with the Arp button.

Because I need to reset Logic and the Virus I'm having a hard time figuring out which one is causing the problem.

Has anyone ever experienced this or something similar?

Last edited by jonkull : 09.06.2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old 30.05.2008, 10:41 PM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

the question is just, if the Virus itself cause the problem or if the MACOS switch off the USB controller due to an enabled power saving feature ...

if it switch off the controller ... there should appear something on the Virus LCD like: *USB connection lost*
Old 30.05.2008, 11:09 PM
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by psy604 View Post
the question is just, if the Virus itself cause the problem or if the MACOS switch off the USB controller due to an enabled power saving feature ...

if it switch off the controller ... there should appear something on the Virus LCD like: *USB connection lost*
Yeah, I've been dealing with Access Support on this and they asked if I had seen that message. The problem is that I haven't. It simply stops producing audio all of a sudden. Access support is having me test on a different computer and a different USB cable to rule out my computer and cable as a problem. We'll see...
Old 13.06.2008, 05:16 PM
New here

Send a message via MSN to 4NDRW

i had my ti desktop connected to my mates mac
and had it randomly turn to shit after a while of use
basically it wasn't recognising all the notes we were playing
sounding like shit and having a bad latency (even using out1+2 instead of running through the usb)

but i think we just played with the buffer settings in logic and it came right
not sure if this applies to you