Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 02.04.2004, 08:34 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyS
Perhaps a fully modular virus would be a good next step.

They have a good base to start. Just build up from the modules in the C, add a few extra`a and i think it would sell.
Yes. That could be very likely option. At the moment Clavia is the only one making modular VA's and I think Access would be very strong competitor on that area (actually I think Access would make way better modular system than G2). I wouldn't be suprised at all to see a modular Virus in the next Musik Messe. Access has already managed to make an incredible single DSP VA so I can't even imagine what they could fit in quad DSP modular system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben crosland
IMO it would be ridiculously risky to throw all their DSP expertise down the drain to venture into the notoriously unprofitable analog market.
Yes. It would be insane and Access could end up in synth company graveyard.
Old 02.04.2004, 10:27 AM

Grrrr.... I guess ur right. Software programming and custom analog components are two seperate entities. Let me savour the thought for a few more minutes......ah......

A polyphonic modular Virus would be VERY nice. SO would an FM Virus and a PD Virus heeheeheh....how about a wavetable Virus aswell?

DS
Old 02.04.2004, 10:45 AM
Administrator

nooo no modular, me lovee virus all in one box, thankee.

A wavetable/vector-synthesis addition would be massively funky, with immense "Z3ta+"-style waveshaping and incorporating importable PCM single-cycle oscillators (along with a touchscreen)!
Failing the touchscreen, a small oscilloscope display would be nice. Failing that, a Scart/CRT/DVI connector/output 'add-on option' to display screen on an external consumer television/monitor would be cool.

A hybrid of physcial-modelling would be cool too, a l? Korg Z1/OASYS. No need to be realistic (that would be extortionately expensive), but Z1's isn't realistic, but some way-funky timbres can be pulled out of it when using the physical-modelling algorithms as often the standard 'analogue' oscillator waveshapes like saw/sq/sin etc are boring in comparison! Let's get away from that set mould.

Integrated retro 8-bit synthesis/emulation would be ace, too!! - Ie. C64 (SID) synthesis, etc. (lol, couldn't resist )

As would the ability to 'load-in/import' and utilise VST plugins into the synth for use on patches live.

MORE CONTROL PLEASE. Need an XY joystick, and an XY pad (like the Z1/Kaoss) or a ribbon controller at the least. No point in having all that synthesis power if you can't interact with it flexibly from the control panel.

Er, that'll do for now
Old 02.04.2004, 01:07 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

i know i'l be selling my virus if a virus modular will be released
i think people prefer the access sound over the clavia but right now the nord modular just offers what access doesnt
Old 02.04.2004, 02:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomer=Trance
i think people prefer the access sound over the clavia but right now the nord modular just offers what access doesnt
Yup. I bet that Access would get nice profits from a modular system. Also a synth based on a different synthesis mode would also be a good idea. But of course there's always a small risk involved when trying something completely new.
Old 02.04.2004, 04:18 PM
New here
New here

Send a message via MSN to tranceNRG69

I got a Nordlead 3 Keyboard and a Virus B, I prefer the Nordlead. Take off the virus effects and compare the sound to the Nord3 which has no effects, you'll be surprised. The Nord is so lush and expensive sounding. And that interface is so awesome, i can program for hours. But I love the Virus and use both about the same.
Old 02.04.2004, 07:02 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

i use nl2 and virus and they complement each other perfectly so i dont think there is any reason to compere between the two
for me its a whole different type of sound (well joho... you know what i mean... )
Old 02.04.2004, 11:49 PM

Default Re: Musikmesse 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ REMIDI
Is Access not participating? I was hoping for a new model of Virus (Classic doesn't count). How disappointing....
Errmmm.....what do you expect? A new synth every 18 months? THats a little too much to expect from any manufacturer. I think we will see some new products come out 2005.

DS
Old 08.04.2004, 02:01 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Musikmesse 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ REMIDI
Is Access not participating? I was hoping for a new model of Virus (Classic doesn't count). How disappointing....
Errmmm.....what do you expect? A new synth every 18 months? THats a little too much to expect from any manufacturer. I think we will see some new products come out 2005.

DS
Access can take as much time as they need if they're making a new synth, hopefully it might suggest it's a revolutionary or heavily-evolved design in the process. There are some things you can't rush. Glad I've got an Indigo in the interim!

Timo

PS > Nice to see the forum's back up!