Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 26.04.2004, 04:03 AM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben crosland
. I keep finding myself coming back to that filter at the moment, because that's where the new sounds are.
I second this!

Please make another Access!

Any secret word on this Ben?
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 26.04.2004, 06:57 AM

more voices would be great. sustained baselines + fatt strings are cut-off all the time.

i dont think access should change the concept - they should just make a bigger version. and make it look like the polyfusion or moog modular.

i think a big VA modular synth unter $3,000 would be a great thing.

i like that old analog stuff.
Old 30.04.2004, 09:54 AM

Yep, I like the 1-pole filter aswell. Very nice for making bright/clear extreme sounds.

DS
Old 30.04.2004, 09:58 AM

I think we should all hold our horses. The updates access make to their products are above and beyond any other manufacturer.....I dont think we should pressurise access to keep making new OS every 3 months.

One addition I'd be quite interested to hear would be a ggood software emulated tube amp kinda thingywingy. Havingsaid that the Virus is defo one of the warmest digital synths ive heard...nice.

Oh I cant wait to play on my m8's JP8. IM going to start making JP8 emulated soundset for teh Virus.

DS
Old 30.04.2004, 01:52 PM
Administrator

And a 320x240 touchscreen! A two-line LCD with tens of scrolling sub-menus is just not in any way conducive to efficient sound-programming!

Thanks

PS > And sawtooth-width waveform-modulation please!

PPS > And Z3ta+ waveform manipulation capabilities! (Which would make sense on the 320x240 touchscreen you're going to implement! )

PPPS > While you're at it, user-importable arppegio patterns, user-importable waveforms and wavetable capabilities, dynamic processing (compression, limiting, transient-designing etc.) wouldn't go amiss.

PPPPS > ...As would significantly greater "hands-on" controls be appreciated too. A ribbon controller with Z (depth) control, XY joystick or XY touchpad (a la Korg Z1, but with Z [depth] control), or a kind of orb that you can roll around with your fingers like a tracker-ball, or even something similarly to the infra-red D-Beam like Roland use, and a horizontal-aspect pitch-bend (I just can't get the hang of the vertically-placed wheel), to name just a few. No point in all that synthesis power if you can't interact with it easily!

PPPPPS > Cheers!
Old 03.05.2004, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo
And a 320x240 touchscreen! A two-line LCD with tens of scrolling sub-menus is just not in any way conducive to efficient sound-programming!
Yep - Then they should name it the Virus Plague!

So what was this thread about? Oh yeh, the Nova comes with the rack ears - the VC doesn't. Trying to rack either will be a hassle as both have rear mounted jacks. Hehe.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 04.05.2004, 02:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomer=Trance
i dont think access can use "the jupiter filter" because roland already trade marked it and used it again on their jp80*0
How come Access managed to re-create the Moog filter, then? Surely the original Moog filter was patented?

Howver, an additional simulated Jupiter8/6 filter would indeed be awesome!
Old 04.05.2004, 02:05 PM

These emulations are fun....but not like the real deal. I dont think anayone could ever truly emulate the Jupiter filter. These emulations add variety in sound...which is a very nice + point in my books.

DS
Old 04.05.2004, 04:15 PM
Administrator

Sorry, I meant copy the filter 'design'. I thought the Moog filter was some sort of ladder-filter, and that particular design had been patented, including any emulations? If they can get around the Moog filter design patents, I'm sure they'll be able to work around the Jupiter's! (With a wee bit of luck)

Howver, Korg, for example, have recreated their Legacy VSTis (from the PolySix, MS20, but not the Wavestation, cos that was digital to start with) using what they call Component-Technology, simulating everything that goes off in the actual circuitry components rather than directly modelling the result from the dry input. Interesting, and might make virtual emulations more life-like.