Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 08.01.2008, 03:41 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Default new owner with a dead virus

I just got a new Virus Ti, brought it home, installed the latest soft, followed the directions, started to updated the firmware...and thats it...got to about 3% and gave me some weird bank errors, plus a critical failure 2 (whatever that means). original firmware got wiped, so i got a synth that doesn't even boot.
I dont know what to do...I'm just so disappointed.
Does anyone at least know what the heck Critical failure 2 means?
And by the way, it wont even update and detect my virus through the regular install.. I get that weird msg when i run the frimware installer after the initial installation/boot. And that's strange, because I can clearly see it in my USB profiler (using mac os x). I tired installing the new firmware on my PC, and still nothing, same problem. I guess its a hardware problem...
Any ideas?
Adrian
Old 08.01.2008, 05:49 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

1. I assume you have already contanced Access on this matter, yes?

2. It indeed sounds like a hardware problem. Have you tried factory init reset on startup?
Old 08.01.2008, 12:39 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Yes, I did contact Access, but it was late at night, so I got no response yet.

And yes, I did sound like hardware problem, and just before 1am I decided to pick and try my 3rd usb cable, one I use for trigger control...Guess what?

It worked....

Access supplied me with a broken usb cable. Not only that, but the second usb cable I used is broken too...(???) and I’ve been using it for my midi controller.

I guess all those critical errors 2 where just usb cable problems?

Anyway, after install i fired up logic8 on leopard....worked well for 2 hours, no crashes, but there's a bit latency.

I finally get to play with my functional Virus...

adrian

Last edited by adrian23 : 08.01.2008 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08.01.2008, 06:09 PM
Administrator

Whee! Now that's luck! Really weird.
Old 08.01.2008, 11:29 PM
Administrator

Adrian, search the forums on latency issues with the Ti. I think alot of users here solved them with an OS update and maybe another tweak or two.

I'm still on a KC, haven't experienced any Ti related growing pains, but am eager to check out the new horsepower of a Ti and software interface of Virus Control someday.

Good luck Bro.

-Alex
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 08.01.2008, 11:47 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian23 View Post
Yes, I did contact Access, but it was late at night, so I got no response yet.

And yes, I did sound like hardware problem, and just before 1am I decided to pick and try my 3rd usb cable, one I use for trigger control...Guess what?

It worked....

Access supplied me with a broken usb cable. Not only that, but the second usb cable I used is broken too...(???) and IÕve been using it for my midi controller.

I guess all those critical errors 2 where just usb cable problems?

Anyway, after install i fired up logic8 on leopard....worked well for 2 hours, no crashes, but there's a bit latency.

I finally get to play with my functional Virus...

adrian
hello I need your help.

How did you update your OS and or sounds in logic 8?

I have both logic 7 and 8, and I found it had problems updating the sounds.

I open my logic autoload go to virus 1 import the midi file, set tempo to 60 bpm, then hit play.

all I see is a tiny SE on my virus KC right by the track number on the display but nothing happens...
Old 09.01.2008, 09:17 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to bishopkris40

Adrian.

Power up the TI whilst holding down the exit button, this will put your TI in to USB Firmware UPDATE mode

Then re-run the installer, check your cable if you get the same problem again
Old 09.01.2008, 12:43 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

I'm good now...
I've spend 6 hours yesterday playing around with virus control without any usb dropouts and crashes. (using Logic 8 and Mac OS X leopard).

But it's a bit weird that the supplied Access USB cable's faulty, that my old midi controller USB cable I've been using for many years didn't work, and that my 6' scanner cable did the job. One faulty USB cable I understand, but two? One after the other...

I'm still worried that there's something wrong with my virus, though I got flawless performance from it yesterday (minus some latency which I’m yet to solve).

exit+power with 2 faulty cables + firmware/os update = virus bios wipe.

Pressure = are you using a Virus KC?
To be honest, I have no idea. I’ve switched to a Mac 3 months ago, and to logic 2 weeks ago. You can fairly say I’m a nub in both. Never used any other logic version and never had a hardware synth plugged into my mac.

For the TI it was easy…installed the new apps/os (2.5.1 I think), updated the firmware on the virus (when it finally worked), restarted my Mac, fired up logic 8, created a soft instrument track, in the input slot picked virus, and I’m off to races. But I must say, creating a multitimbral setup for virus is retarded and a bit complicated. I get all 16 parts playing on 1 virus tack (in the mixer). I know I can get another output from virus, but I want to have 16 tracks assigned to separate objects in the mixer where I can control every single virus part. Maybe I’m doing something wrong….

adrian