Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself If you are new to the forum it would be nice for the others to know who you are and what you do. So please post here.

Old 28.10.2011, 03:18 AM
New here
New here

Thumbs up I got it!

Whats happening fellow ACCESS Virus fans? I am Quixote from West Point, Mississippi and I am the new (proud ) owner of a used Access Virus Indigo. I have been recording and producing for many years ( I recorded my first song in 1988. ) I learned on keyboard workstations like the ASR 10 and Kurzweil 2000, and drum machines like the MPC 60, and 3000. I always loved hardware, but about 6 years ago with the cost of computers coming down, i went to the DAW and software instruments.... I hate most software solutions, but i found Apple's Logic more than tolerable, except for having to stop the sequencer and everything to load up a new sound.... ugghh!!!! I also am not fond of all my sounds coming from one ( or two ) outputs... Recently, while shopping for a faster computer and more vst's and vsti's, i realized that the learning curve would be great and i began reminiscing about the old days and hardware sequencers, synths, and mixers. i decided to go "old school" and get a module to use with my MPC 2000... I was on ebay and i came across the Access TI2. I was impressed with the sounds, but distressed at the price... I did my research on all the access products and fixated on the Indigo which had a better price for my pocket... I just got it today, and i am absolutely infatuated!
I will be around for awhile, thanks in advance for all your advice, tips, warnings, inspiration etc...
Old 28.10.2011, 06:40 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Welcome!

I really miss my ASR-10

(except when it would crash)
Old 02.11.2011, 03:34 AM
New here
New here

Thanks! I miss my ASR 10 rack too... I still have about 1000 floppys with programs and sequences and all... if i ever see a ASR Rack on ebay again i'm just gonna sacrifice and get that thing...
Old 11.11.2011, 07:30 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Congrats on the virus I got my first one just over a year ago, and another recently. Amazing pieces of gear.