Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 25.04.2006, 04:07 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Default 1.09 patch help anyone?

so, its been awhile since access gave us the update. has the 1.0.9 hotfix helped anyone with the so called "satan saw"? any other issues?
i havent noticed any changes from 1.0.9, and still using the polar every day. i have noticed that a few times i'll get random pitch bends in a patch that i have to "unbend back to 0 value" in a sequence (using Sonar 5.2). also, i have noticed a couple stuck notes, whereas before i never had notes go astray. havent noticed anything else has changed.

i find myself wondering just how close 1.1 is to being released. certainly by now they have found the main problem plaguing so many of the TI owners. i myself got a later model polar, and im wondering if it was all the early released models that are having issues? the way i see it, based on the reports here, the problem could be hardware or software. my logic for this in case you are wondering is that having a hardware issue (power supply, solder joint, batch of mobos) would explain why some people are having issues but others arent, whereas in theory at least all or most of us are running the same software on the same chips, and yet some are having stuck/hanging notes and thats not a hardware thing, so....
im curious to see if this is an age thing: if older ones are the ones that are having issues, could it be because this synth has power running through it 100% of the time, vs. a synth with an off switch.
yes, im speculating wildly.

and how lucky is it that all the magazines that got one for review never saw these issues--- certainly they would have mentioned it in the review, right?
Old 26.04.2006, 12:31 AM

Prior to the hotfix, I experienced the satan saw crash numerous times, but only while stepping through patches in sequencer or multi mode, while also playing notes via the keyboard and/or MIDI. Since installing the hotfix my Polar has been much more stable, although I have been traveling a great deal and unable to experiment with it for long periods of time. I have experienced a couple of post-hotfix lockups, with the Polar spewing out digital noise (but not the satan saw sound), but these occurrences have fortunately been few and far between.

I mainly do multitimbral sequencing, and this has always been where problems surfaced. I have spent many hours playing the Polar in single mode, however, and it has always performed 100% perfectly in that regard.

I know from reading other posts that many Virus owners use single mode most of the time. I suspect that these people are very happy with their TIs.

I should also mention that I only use my Polar as a hardware synth, with MIDI cables and the analog outs. I use Digital Performer, which is allegedly unsupported by the TI at this time, but Virus Control indeed works when I load the TI as an Audio Unit, but the persistent latency issues have kept me from that approach.

I don't know if my Polar is of early vintage or not. I purchased it new at a Guitar Center a couple of months ago. If there's a serial number on the unit I can't find it.
Old 26.04.2006, 06:16 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw7
I don't know if my Polar is of early vintage or not. I purchased it new at a Guitar Center a couple of months ago. If there's a serial number on the unit I can't find it.
Mine is on a sticker on the base of my desktop and it's also on the box. I've purchased it middle of November 05.