Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 21.03.2006, 01:33 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default Re: I recommend you try a V-Synth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The girl next door
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad
Hi H5N1-Virusinfected,

I have both a v-synth and a virus ti desktop. There is really no use in comparing them because they are so different. I love both of them. But the v-synth makes sounds I have never heard before. I find it inspiring, maybe you will too.

I recommend the v-synth keyboard over the XT though because the keyboard has many more real time controllers. Let me know what you think if you hear one.
The V-synth is one of the Main things i wanna check at the Music Messe Frankfurt,looking forward to it

Plz, let us know what you think...

** Virus TI, DSI Prophet 8, Korg Triton Studio, Nord Electro 3 and some other stuff... **
Old 21.03.2006, 01:38 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by H5N1-Virusinfected
Ok,If you can hook me up with a couple of swedish blondes
http://www.thegirlnextdoor.de/Virusforum.htm
http://www.myspace.com/thegirlnextdoormusic
Old 21.03.2006, 01:54 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The girl next door
Quote:
Ok,If you can hook me up with a couple of swedish blondes

tell me where to send them....

** Virus TI, DSI Prophet 8, Korg Triton Studio, Nord Electro 3 and some other stuff... **
Old 21.03.2006, 02:10 PM

If I didn't have a TI I would definitely have V-Synth. Or if I was really willing to save some cash for awhile, the Korg Oasys.
Old 21.03.2006, 04:08 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

Oasys has never interested me. For some reason I have an artificial barrier on the amount I am willing to spend on a single synth - thats basically the cost of a TI keyboard - any higher than that and I *very* reluctant. The pretty much counts out the Oasys

Part of it is I just cant live with having too much done through a single sound engine, so prefer the variety of many engines.

On the v-synth - thats a really quirky machine - most people are initially completely blown away by it - but I know more people who have bought one and sold it after 6 months or so than those who still have it after a year. Many people just cant get on with it - or find they end up not using it that much because they dont start to really exploit its sample abuse capabiliies, and stick to trying to use it as a VA. Thats seems to apply to both the V-Synth and the V-Synth XT.

Ive gone through a long period of not really using its capabilities that much (actually I was using it as a D50 instead) Its still my main controller keyboard (as the TI's midi ports get shut off as soon as VC starts and it was *supposed* to have ended up as my main controller keyboard - Grrrrrrrr).

Now Im statring to use it again for sample processing - mainly as a board for working with a sample from combersome fx chains; for eg motif ES paino -> V-synth -> Virus TI -> outboard compressor, EQ, etc when I want overdriven accoustic piano sounds, heaped with reverb and squahsed to hell - now I tend to capure the sample and stick in the v-synth instead.
Old 21.03.2006, 04:19 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

How about a Novation SuperNova 2 Rack?

Got to get a used one though, because they don't sell these anymore...
Old 21.03.2006, 04:49 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Khazul wrote:
"On the v-synth - thats a really quirky machine - most people are initially completely blown away by it - but I know more people who have bought one and sold it after 6 months or so than those who still have it after a year. Many people just cant get on with it - or find they end up not using it that much because they dont start to really exploit its sample abuse capabiliies, and stick to trying to use it as a VA. Thats seems to apply to both the V-Synth and the V-Synth XT. "

V-synth can be all you want it to be !!!The filter section is very complete,covering all kinds,The touch screen is gr8,it really makes wandering around easy!!In OS 2 they added some new stuff,like the step modulator and sound shaper wich can easy your life when trying to get "that" sound !!!
It has plenty of hands on (XY Pad,D-Beam),making wonders with one of the synth highlights (variphrase)!!
I use mine 1 or 2 times per week wich is nothing,if i had some problems with money it would be one of the first to go because of this matter !!
But i can tell you that its incredible what you can do with samples (voices,FX,you name it) and some routing...
Im also a believer that Roland will release a Jupiter 8 card for it in a near future !!
The only thing that lacks in this beauty is the multitimbral mode wich is s*it !!Forget 16 parts and start thinking in getting one part,or even multi parts with key zones wich is good for live perfomance or wedding parties !!
Old 21.03.2006, 04:56 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektrobolt
How about a Novation SuperNova 2 Rack?

Got to get a used one though, because they don't sell these anymore...
I reccomend you to get the PRO-x 48 voices!!!
Supernova is among my favourites since i bought mine,i have for 6 years and no problems at all !!!

I know that the patch value knobs are very sensitive and tend to give wrong values with time(like you want to turn to 127 and it goes to 1) ,however mine never gave that problem,yet !!

I use it all the time,that HP filter is mindblowing !!
Old 21.03.2006, 05:49 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by juno_nuno
Whoops !!!

Im happy for having one more to join the group!!!
Joined forces make better strenght!!

Congrats for you buy mate !!

Joined forces towards who...?

VISA or Access...?

Both!!! We are in guerrilla here :P
Old 22.03.2006, 10:04 AM
Very mucho Newbie

I wonder what MOOG is up to....?

Revealing something new at Frankfurt, I suppose.