Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 21.11.2005, 09:08 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

The Monitors are at the end of the room on a table (But not against the wall) the room ?s about 6 metres long and 4 metres wide. the speakers are facing down the 6 metres there is a blank wall at the end of the room maybe this is reflecting noise????? the height of the room is 3 metres high all corners of the room are 90 degrees.. Not the best room going i know..We also don't have a sub with our genelecs
How do i go about treating the room......And with what???
http://www.thegirlnextdoor.de/Virusforum.htm
http://www.myspace.com/thegirlnextdoormusic
Old 21.11.2005, 09:42 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten
Using a Genelec 1029a/1091a combo here in a bedroom setup. Lovely for production, sound quality and clarity is very good. Sub is very cool for checking how the bass/kick will sound.

ten
so you guys (ten and glendale) recommend outlaying the cash on the Sub?....im writing electronic music on the 1029a's as well...i am so in love with them, even after 3-4 years they still sounds so beautiful to my ears...but i wish they had more bass...the bass they have is clear but it just isnt telling me whats going on in the lows enough and as a result im over compensating.

anyone know anywhere to find a cheap deal on the subs?

have a nice day
-Dan
Old 21.11.2005, 10:20 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by The girl next door
The Monitors are at the end of the room on a table (But not against the wall) the room ?s about 6 metres long and 4 metres wide. the speakers are facing down the 6 metres there is a blank wall at the end of the room maybe this is reflecting noise????? the height of the room is 3 metres high all corners of the room are 90 degrees.. Not the best room going i know..We also don't have a sub with our genelecs
How do i go about treating the room......And with what???

You can try this, put the monitors on the 6m wall facing the other 6m wall, or keep them the direction you have but move them 2m away from the wall so 4m away from the back wall! Damp out the back wall and treat the room as needed.
Old 21.11.2005, 10:49 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by solconnection
so you guys (ten and glendale) recommend outlaying the cash on the Sub?....im writing electronic music on the 1029a's as well...i am so in love with them, even after 3-4 years they still sounds so beautiful to my ears...but i wish they had more bass...the bass they have is clear but it just isnt telling me whats going on in the lows enough and as a result im over compensating.

have a nice day
-Dan
I got the same problem...So maybe we should get a SUB ????????????????????????????????????
http://www.thegirlnextdoor.de/Virusforum.htm
http://www.myspace.com/thegirlnextdoormusic
Old 21.11.2005, 11:14 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The girl next door
Quote:

have a nice day
-Dan
I got the same problem...So maybe we should get a SUB ????????????????????????????????????
sounds like the answer im going to go look for some prices, will post here if i find any good results

have a nice day
-Dan
Old 22.11.2005, 01:59 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Yea, on their own the bass is definately weak. The sub makes a very nice addition and when setup correctly adds perfectly to the already lush sounding 1029s. You have to do some trial and error blending them in though as there is a temptation to crank the bass right up I dont think the sub is worth the full price ??? so hunt around on ebay or sospubs for a second hand one.

ten
Old 22.11.2005, 07:19 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

I have a pair of mackie hr824s and they do sound very clean and pretty acurate... I do find that they dont translate that well to large sound systems and car sound systems... I bought a pair of mackie srm450's because when I get stuff sounding good on these, it sounds pretty good across the board.. also these speakers are standard (when uve got the 1501 subs) for small stages so its always a plus when I am able to play my material back on the same type of PA I referenced it on. It really hits that much better and you can make sure you are not blowing out your audiences ears with some horrible frequency that u didint relize was there in the first place.