Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 06.02.2007, 07:03 AM
Super Moderator
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iand View Post
That's what some of these bastards need,a good 'ol kick to the face.
It's a shame in westernized nations we can be held in the pokey for giving a well deserved bitch-slap!
Aye, but the thing is that most of the time just sounding like you really don't care about him and whatever happens to him makes people scared. Threats are great aslong as you really don't need to acctually make them an reality!

However as I hate people that steals and lies.. I probably would acctually travel to him and bitchslap him around abit. Nothing really serious just that he would get my point of that you shouldn't rip people of.

Why is acctually Western Union used at Ebay at all? I've heard loads of horrorstories about that company and still that people use it, why? I remember that i've acctually bought stuff from Ebay.de (NES/Nintendo/Famicom-games) which has always been great deals and Germany seems to have an better postalservice than Sweden as it's heaps cheaper and they are working really fast.

Just ask HC, I sent him an bottle of Glögg ~3 years ago and still nothing and the worst part is that it acctually cost more to send that glögg-bottle than it cost me to buy it!

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 16.02.2007, 03:04 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Reminds me of when people were selling X-box box on ebay... the box to the x box... and people were paying out their asses thinking it was the unit.

Sorry about the loss btw.

Dan
-Cubase 5.0.1
Access Virus TI OS 3.0.3
Moog Voyager
Old 19.02.2007, 11:39 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

im sorry to hear of all this.
I would go absolutely mental if someone scammed me like that

Luckily all my ebay transactions have gone well, i have bought quite a few bits of gear over the years.
The only time things have gone wrong was buying records from sellers outside of the UK. In those cases it was impossible to prove if they were sent or not. Only ever small amounts of money so it wasnt so bad

I think the key points to be learnt from this thread are not to buy gear from abroad and NEVER use western union
Old 20.02.2007, 08:36 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Funny thing (or not so), was that I saw another v-synth listed on Ebay last week so i enquired about it and to cut the story short, it was listed by another scammer who was trying to pull the same fake email stunt on me.

This guy was from Italy, had an AOL email address, and wasn't very good at what he was trying to do.

Ended up I just told him that Ebay, the Police, and AOL had been informed.

Pity, as i'd rather have just had the opportunity to knock some of his teeth out on behalf of all gear buyers who had been ripped off via ebay.
Old 20.02.2007, 10:27 AM

Sympathies mates. That fucking well sucks and no mistake.

Bastard.

I got burned buying a pearl finish scratchplate for me Tele on Ebay. Just €20 but I swear I'll kill that c*** if I ever visit UK West Midlands.

Last edited by Old Vantaa Man : 20.02.2007 at 10:35 AM.
Old 20.02.2007, 11:51 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

As eBay grows the crooks are getting craftier and craftier. I'm sorry about you losing the cash... it sucks to save up and wait for something you want to have it end like that.

Fill out every report and notify every authority you can.

They almost got me a few weeks ago with shill bidding... that's when guys bid on their own products to jack up the price. Pay attention to the bidders and their feedback. If it's 10 bids by 10 new accounts watch out

Here's what I got from eBay:

The following is a notice from eBay Trust & Safety regarding:

Item Number - 190079798507
Item Title - Roland Fantom-XR Sampler Synth Rackmount Module

Our records show that you placed a bid on this item. We removed this item from the Site and cancelled your bid because it appears that the seller's account has been compromised and used by an unauthorized third party. The seller's privileges to trade on eBay may be temporarily suspended while we investigate this matter further. Due to privacy concerns we will not be able to share further details related to this seller.

If someone claiming to be the seller asks you to complete a transaction outside of eBay, we strongly recommend that you ignore the request. Transactions for items listed on eBay that are completed outside of the eBay marketplace are not covered by the Buyer Protection services offered by eBay and can be highly indicative of fraud.

1. Stop payment with your bank if you paid by check.
2. Contact the Security Department of your credit card company to file a chargeback if you paid via credit card.
3. If you paid via Western Union or MoneyGram, contact the company directly (Western Union 800-325-6000 or MoneyGram 800-926-9400).
4. If you paid with PayPal, eligible transactions will receive coverage up to $200 at no additional cost. However, the majority of transactions may be covered up to $2,000. To file a claim with PayPal, login to your PayPal account and copy and paste the following link into your web browser: http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr...buyer-outside. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the File a Claim link. PayPal claims must be filed within 45 days of the close of the listing. It may take at least 30 days to complete the investigation and resolve the dispute.

There are many tips on how to protect yourself with any Internet transaction in the eBay Security & Resolution Center located at:

www.ebay.com/securitycenter

Our goal is to ensure that your eBay experience is safe so that you can buy confidently. It is rare that something goes wrong with a transaction on eBay, but we're here to help you protect yourself in the event it does. If you have additional questions, please send us an email using the "Contact Us" link found on eBay Help pages. Do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received.

Regards,
Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
Old 28.02.2007, 09:35 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to soundmagus Send a message via Skype™ to soundmagus

Damn guys that is really bad, so sorry to hear that you got stung.

I have used ebay a few times with nothing like this but i have to say i have always gone on the advice of an old friend, when buying gear like VIru TI, or pretty much any "electrical" goods ( i use the world electrical in its broadest sense) always buy brand new from a reputable supplier. I have stuck to this even though it costs me more money in thelong run, but damn those SOBS for ripping you guys off, hopefully the old adage, "what goes around, comes around" will catch up with them soon enough.

MArk
Old 03.03.2007, 10:53 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default ebay

Sometimes ebay sucks and sometimes I get just what I need.
Old 08.03.2007, 10:55 PM
Am starting to like this forum

scamming kicks ass. i've got 100+ items over ebay and never got scammed. i'm all for scamming, smart poor ppl in china making money off of stupid rich ppl in america, it's awsome.
Old 09.03.2007, 09:42 AM
Pro
Pro

[quote=nvisibl;274184]I paid via Western Union, so have lost the money completely.
It really is my own fault for not paying attention.
QUOTE]

I came across a scam a while back where a guy was selling 4 Moog Voyagers for £200 each via Western Union. He was based in London in SW1 or something. It was such an obvious scam I told him I also lived in SW1, could I hand over the cash in person? .............. No reply!