Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 10.03.2005, 01:40 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

I also like to read manuals. Why? Because that way I learn everything about the synth.
Old 20.03.2005, 06:08 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default Re: Tutorial: How to do MIDI dumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juho L
No more weekly "how to dump" questions.

1. Select a track you wish the dump to be recorded on from your sequencer.
2. Check that your sequencer isn't filtering SysEx.
3. Go to control menu -> MIDI Dump.
4. Select what you want to dump.
5. Start recording from the sequencer.
6. Hit store.
So if my song is 8 minutes do I leave to record for the whole 8 minutes?
Old 20.03.2005, 11:21 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Send a message via MSN to harrystainer

No. this is a MIDI Dump not a recording of the virus' audio. It dumps all the data from the virus into your sequencer so you can save the sounds from the virus.
Old 20.03.2005, 08:39 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrystainer
No. this is a MIDI Dump not a recording of the virus' audio. It dumps all the data from the virus into your sequencer so you can save the sounds from the virus.

So I just record till the dump has finished?
Old 20.03.2005, 08:44 PM

Exactly and it won't take long. Most of my dumps are finished almost a second after I hit the store button.
Old 21.03.2005, 01:47 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Ok so I did all that and now Im working on new song with different sounds in multi single mode. But now when I want my old song back I load my sequencer but it now just plays sounds from new song arranged into old song. Im obviously not saving it correctly, I have been trying for two weeks to figure this out and I still dont get what Im doing wrong. Im following the steps that everyone is telling me but perhaps Im not doing correctly or something.

I am working with an akai mpc2000xl sequencer. When Ive finished my songA which Ive created with the virus indigo11 in multi single mode using 16 parts ,I want to save all the sounds exactly as they are then work on a new songB with different sounds once again in multi single mode using a different 16 parts.
So what I want to know is firstly how to store everthing exactly the way it is in the virus for songA then how to recall it if I want to work on the songA again later. I have done everything people are telling me and it does not happen. I just get the same songA arrangement but it plays the sounds from the current multi single the new songB, of which the part names and numbers are showing on screen as this was the last thing I did.
Do I need to dial the 16 parts from songA back in manually later if I want to use? This means I would have to remember or write down the numbers so surely this is not the way to do it.
When I press store in multi mode, what does this actually store and where? My understanding is that it stores the 16parts Im using in multi single in the order in which they are arranged. So how do I recall that later?
If I press store in multi single mode I understand that Im storing a single sound of which I may have changed some relevant parameters and effects etc. So its not much different to single mode? I lose whatever was in its place by overwriting it. Is this correct?
This seems impractical. Why is there not an empty memory bank to store stuff? Can I save original sound somehow before changes?
Old 22.03.2005, 09:51 AM

One Multi patch per song mate.....you work on a new song, you create a new multi, you wanna go back to your old song, you navigate to your old multi. I name them (Multi patches) the name of my song Im working on

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 22.03.2005, 10:09 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee
One Multi patch per song mate.....you work on a new song, you create a new multi, you wanna go back to your old song, you navigate to your old multi. I name them (Multi patches) the name of my song Im working on
But theres only sixteen of them, what do you do when they are all used?
I thought the whole idea of doing an arrangement dump was that it frees up the same multi to use for another song if need be and then to restore it later if need be? Wait a minute , Im getting too many different viewpoints here, does anyone actually really know what they are talking about round here? Can I please get some 'real' help?
Old 22.03.2005, 10:15 AM

Stay in Multi Mode (NOT Multi-Single)

Only go into Multi-single when you want to edit/change patches within the multi.

There should be space for 128 Multi patches I believe. Each of these has access to 16 parts (which relate to 16 different MIDI channels)

So with each song you make, you choose (and name) a different multi.

Hope that helps a bit.....

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 22.03.2005, 10:34 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee
Stay in Multi Mode (NOT Multi-Single)

Only go into Multi-single when you want to edit/change patches within the multi.

There should be space for 128 Multi patches I believe. Each of these has access to 16 parts (which relate to 16 different MIDI channels)

So with each song you make, you choose (and name) a different multi.
Hope that helps a bit.....
I just looked and your right there are 128, so you reckon I just leave it the way it is and when I wanna rework the song I go back and dial up the multi? Ok , I wish someone told me this before, it explains alot. Except what to do when all 128 are full? I was under the impression that I store every thing in my sequencer and then when I reload the song that the multi and its parts are also restored but by what you are saying, it actually doesnt go anywhere, it stays in the virus. Perhaps Im just dumping the relevant parameter changes and effects?? Anyways at least Im not so worried now. Thanks for your help, will email you.