Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music

General discussion about music An area for general music releated threads.

Old 27.12.2013, 09:26 PM
Pro
Pro

Default I Love BACH :)

I Love BACH ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Old 27.12.2013, 10:46 PM
Pro
Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNjNuQJG9xY
Old 27.12.2013, 10:48 PM
Pro
Pro

DO You think We make music like this anymore ?
I think We are very capable...but with Music..I personally feel...We have lost, quite a lot...We could do so much more...I wonder what Bach would do with a Virus ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEb1iDlmArE
Old 27.12.2013, 10:49 PM
Pro
Pro

I think we'll get there....
Old 31.12.2013, 02:16 PM
Veteran
Veteran

while on Bach's time, music was ultimately about tone and harmony, in modern times it's as much about the timbre and texture of the sound itself.

a synthesizer, compared to a more traditional instrument is one that allows you to change drasticly the quality of the timbre and even modulate between timbres while playing, capable of presenting sound - the abstract quality of sound - as a quality in itself. this new sounds have spawned a whole range of new genres of music and certainly a new way of listening to it, rave being one of this novelties. there's something unique about electronic bass tones, sounds that you feel more then you listen, that ask you to move accordingly. a lot of modern electronic music isn't melodic or tonal music at all, it's more about the rythm and sound as a medium, exploring different textures and soundscapes instead of melodic build ups with genius use of scales and harmonies like you'd find in Bach.

one thing that we've defenitely lost in modern times is dynamics with the ongoing loudness wars, where everything gets squashed beyond reason imo.

but the thing is: nowadays you're being Bach and you don't have to be the acclaimed musician to get an entire orchestra to play your creations for you, that's what the DAW is there to do, so as long as you can put things together, you're able to express yourself. and even record the more traditional instruments and combine them with modern ones if you so wish. the way I see it, even though there's plenty of classics already, this is only beginning and we're yet to see what new worlds of sound this new emerging technologies and their spread usage will bring forth. cheers and have a good year!
Old 01.01.2014, 12:42 PM
Pro
Pro

+1^

I love Vivaldi and Mozart as well!

The "loudness wars" is something I do not quite understand nor subscribe to. Bad music LOUD is simply LOUD BAD MUSIC.

The genre of EDM in my opinion has become laborious to even peruse these days.
Depeche Mode simply still rules in comparison and I would rather listen to an amplified volcano eruption than put myself through any exposure to Skrillex and Skrillex-immitators, which are abundant and LOUD.

What has happened to 'originality'?
Old 02.01.2014, 09:45 AM
Pro
Pro

Modern orchestral music also focuses on timbre and textures as much as electronica. You have to also be aware that a lot of instruments in Bachs time were still relatively new and being explored for their possibilities. Explore more current composers and research extended techniques, and be rewarded.

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/