Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 11.08.2018, 09:54 PM
New here
New here

Default Strange mouse behavior after connecting virus TI

Hello,
I have my Access Virus TI (mkI) for almost 6 years and till now I didn't have any problem.
But now I have strange problem - every time I connect my virus by USB, mouse starts to act strengly, like somebody would use scroll wheel at random moments and directions. It's impossible to use Cubase or even read a webpage.

I have tried to change usb cables & ports - no luck.
I have also tried to change mouse and problem still persists.
I have updated virus OS & software to latest version (5.1.7.00).
Today I did clean Win10 reinstall on new harddrive, still the same problem.

I don't know what to do ? Now I have no possibility to try Virus with another computer.

Has anyone had a similar problem?
I do not know if this is a virus failure, computer motherboard failure or software problem with WIN10 or Cubase 9.5 ?
I will be grateful for any suggestions...

Virus connected by midi works ok, but i need controll software.
Old 16.08.2018, 05:28 PM
New here
New here

Update: my Virus works ok with wireless Microsoft mouse and have the same problems with two other USB mouses (gaming logiteh and some no name mouse) … strange
Old 18.08.2018, 04:57 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Given the mouse is wireless, I'm guessing you have tried new batteries? Otherwise it sounds really odd, can't think why it would do that. How many other USB peripherals do you have connected to the computer? Do you use a Hub?

Only other suggestion I thought of, to manipulate the situation (rather than a cure), could be to use a mouse via an old-skool PS/2 port on your PC rather than a wireless/USB one.

I use TI Snow via USB, with Logitech G602 gaming wireless mouse with custom button setup and a Logitech K250 Wave wireless keyboard (both on separate wireless nano receivers due to the mouse using greater bandwdith) and haven't experienced the issue described, other than when the mouse batteries are running down or when the nano receiver is too far away, or too close to other metal hardware. Found over the years it's good for the wireless receiver(s) to have a close-ish clean line of sight, rather than have loads of hardware inbetween the receivers and the peripherals.
Old 19.08.2018, 10:43 PM
New here
New here

Hi Timo,
thank You for your answear.

Mouse that causes problems is wired (on USB), and Virus worked properly with this mouse for several years.
I have also tested this mouse with another computer and mouse works without any problems. Unfortunately, the second computer is in my work and I can not test Virus with it.

As I wrote, currently Virus works correctly with a wireless microsoft mouse, but I still observe strange behaviors - for example when Virus is turned on it happens that I am unable to watch youtube, just as if the network was overloaded. When I turn off Virus, youtube starts working without a problem.
Also in Cubase, notes are lost in projects in which there was no such problem before. If I connect Virus by MIDI instead of USB there is no such problem.

Currently I do not have many devices connected to USB, only wired keyboard, wireless mouse, Virus TI (mkI) and Roland A-49 keyboard.

Before OS reinstalation I also have connected another USB devices:
- MOTU MIDI & second midi interface (from midibox site)
- Native Instruments Maschine
- ipad

Earlier on WIN 95, WIN 7 and after upgrade to WIN10 there were no problems.
I'm starting to wonder if it's not a motherboard or Virus failure.
I can use Virus without USB connection but I miss VST editor & Total Recall in Cubase.

PS. My computer is almost prehistoric - AMD X6 1100T processor, Asrock 890FX motherboard with USB 2 and USB 3, additional USB 3 NEC card.
Soundcard is on PCI not USB (RME Multiface).