Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 29.07.2009, 07:09 AM
New here
New here

Default Virus B randomly "flipping" through parameters

Hi all,

First time in the forum, hoping someone can help! I searched the site and couldn't find anyone posting a similar problem (scoured the web as a matter of fact). I bought the virus b about 6 or 7 years ago off e-bay and when it arrived it was missing the original powercord (which Access says you MUST use the factory powercord) and missing the left and right sides that screw on with 2 screws. I bought a brand new 12v DC 1000ma universal powercord.

I had to break this in to 2 posts, please see the rest below:
Old 29.07.2009, 07:13 AM
New here
New here

Default Continued

It worked fine for a while and then started occasionally doing the "flipping" but a simple restart usually fixed it. I put the unit in storage with my stuff for a couple of years as I was moving around alot. I recently got it out to play with it and this time it was doing the "flipping" non-stop, making it completely useless. My (uneducated?) guesses are: the unit somehow became ungrounded and is experiencing some sort of electrical short, or the OS (2. is somehow corrupted and needs to be upgraded since its an old version. I downloaded OS 4.8 but even after reading through the manual I'm not sure exactly how to upgrade the OS or more importantly if its even possible with it in this condition. I haven't touched it in years so my memory of the internal workings is slim to none.

Since its hard to explain whats happening I posted a youtube video:

I greatly appreciate any help, I wanna get back to using this baby!!!