Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 25.01.2007, 04:18 AM

Default Virus Ti and Acid Pro 6.0

Anyone out there using the Virus Ti as a VST plugin Instrument in Acid Pro 6.0
I have always used Acid, Abelton, for what they do well and used Logic for my main Daw along with Pro Tools but Since Version 6.0 of Acid I really want to start using it as my main DAW if possible...I know it is not officially supported not much is actually but is anyone using this setup or can anyone test it out if they do have Acid 6.0 even if it is not your main DAW just to see if you have issues or if it works for you? I am having issues but I think it may be USB problems with my machine and not Acid. OS 2.0 for the Ti is a Mondo upgrade!! Well done Access!

Thanks!
Old 25.01.2007, 10:20 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Default acid pro 6

hi there wavetek been using acid pro 6.0d for some time with vc 1.2.3 for some time now and most things seem rather happy, i still get occasional crackles and pops and crashes even when the system is under little load,but i think acid maybe the issue here as i do get occasional crashes when not using vc,so all in all its runs pretty well. the main issue i have is that i cannot render the virus vc midi tracks, to get around this i simply record them back into acid using an audio track. well last night i installed tios 2.0, installation went realy smooth the vc now loads about 5x faster. i played around for a few hours and managed to get 5 tracks of virus vc tracks down and a few audio tracks without to many problems, just the one crash usb communication problem, a reboot sorted this and i always keep the autosave turned on. let me no what issues your having im no guru on the subject but i may be able to help you. i am using a 1.8 pentium m laptop digital village build, motu traveler firewire audio interface. well its nice to see someone else on this forum using acid pro 6, i think its the nuts and is every bit a proffesional daw system and i can achieve the same results i get using cubase only 10x faster and i think access should think about fully supporting it.
Old 25.01.2007, 05:39 PM

Thanks for the reply... Yes I think is now up there with all the other DAW's and it is fast. I also second that Access should officially support it as well. My main problems seem to be the USB communication failure message when launching VC within Acid. However I know the USB works just fine becuase it shows an established link between the computer (Carillon AC P3 with XP Pro M-Audio FW410) and upgraded to 2.0 just fine. The USB error message states that I am running it thru a Hub and should connect directly...but I do not use a hub so I am at a loss. I have also disconnected all other USB devices, reinstalled USB drivers several times (always fulling uninstalling first). The strange thing is I had it working once with Acid 5.0 and Virus Ti OS 1.2 but is was not very stable. Now it will not work in either Acid 5 or 6. I am thinking of trying another computer just as a test with fresh install of Acid and Virus. Access if you are out there I love the new OS 2.0 but please update the USB driver as it has been the same since first release...Support for all DAW's should be a major goal for the Ti feature to be entirely reliable for the end user.
Old 25.01.2007, 05:44 PM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

Hi waketek,

Are you sure your USB ports are powered USB?
Old 25.01.2007, 07:48 PM

Drammy, Thanks fro the reply. Yes they are powered because they run my M-Audio Axiom 49 midi controller ect. No problems with my Nord G2 or V-synth USB connectivity either. I am stumped I just tried several different cables just to see if I had a failing cable.
Old 28.01.2007, 07:48 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to bishopkris40

I'm sure this sounds like an issue with the comunication used with the TI's usb. Maybe they need to change the driver, can't remember if the usb drivers changed with this version. Sure Access will communicate with you on it, just state you know it's not supported but you were getting usb communication before, thiss'll help the programmer Identify your problem and could make the introduction of ACID and os 2 come around quickly.

From what I've heard they're trying to cover most Daw's, it's just some problems with some, plus the programmers will have a priority list set out by the main people, but if you can give them an easy fix by giving them comparisons then they sometimes do a little work when they can so it'll work before getting officially supported.

Cheers
Kris