Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 10.11.2004, 06:27 AM
This forum member lives here

I wanna read up more on the Wavetable side of the things too. Or better still give me a TI to look at.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 10.11.2004, 07:09 AM
Pro
Pro

Send a message via ICQ to hatembr

seems like everybody cares except you GothicIndustrial
well, i care too !! i think it is on top of my wishlist now, but reasonably, one has to wait until prices drop down (1800euro for desktop m8!) and the OS gets more stable!
Old 10.11.2004, 07:30 AM

hmm dunno about waiting around for updates when you could have one sitting in your studio when said updates are released

make no mistakes - access have cut no corners here and there is not an existing owner out there that doesnt want one.

I sold a shareholding which i have had for years (and have been hesitant to sell) to preorder my ti keyboard - and to tell you the truth the unit couldve listed at 125% retail and I still wouldve purchased anyway.

we will only know just how good it is when virus releases a specifications pdf or the like (other than the vague promotional material that we have already seen).
Old 10.11.2004, 12:37 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

an upgrade for virus c/kc/indigo 2 would have been a good idea
pay something like 300-400 euro and get the dsp replaced and the new software and whole engine.
and just use the manu to scroll to the options the Cs dont have in the front.
Old 10.11.2004, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
I wanna read up more on the Wavetable side of the things too. Or better still give me a TI to look at.
Moi Aussi. I'd love to hear more info about this. For example, can you import your own wavetables too?

BTW, Thank you Access for creating such a delightful synthesiser. It appears you really have your finger on the pulse ( <- understatment), no doubt thanks to your close and friendly, in-tune integration with your customers and user-base! If only there were more companies like Access!

Personally for me, the new Virus is an aweseome synth - as a more extensive synthesis palette (wavetables, and Access give us the HyperSaw too!), a larger LCD screen for greater info and realtime support (particularly so for selecting sources/destinations in the mod-matrix!), was high on my own wishlist.

The audio integration via USB is a massive boon. Does this use ASIO drivers of somekind, bypassing the need for a separate dedicated soundcard? So, say if I run my other synths into the Virus' stereo external audio-input, that audio would also then be integrated by ASIO in the computer itself for efficient audio processing with other VST effects in near-realtime?

The only thing I really, really wished that it did have was a ribbon-controller, and possibly an XY joystick. I'll be grabbing a Polar, though, and then controlling it via a Korg Trinity in the studio, and then using it standalone when elsewhere.

Rock on!
Old 10.11.2004, 12:47 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomer=Trance
an upgrade for virus c/kc/indigo 2 would have been a good idea
pay something like 300-400 euro and get the dsp replaced and the new software and whole engine.
and just use the manu to scroll to the options the Cs dont have in the front.
No way, mate - this simply wouldn't be possible. The TI has a dual-DSP architecture, and as such, Access will have had to do a complete new mobo design. This wasn't even feasible for B -> C, let alone C -> TI. The upgrade path they offered for the Rack Classic was designed from the outset, but still required a complete mobo swap!
Old 10.11.2004, 12:59 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

I certainly do care about this one. I wasn't to bothered about upgrading to the C but this one sounds minted. I imagine as with all previous virus's the sound will be minted and then some. I also like the thought of how it will be more integrated into my sequencer as well.

Saying that though, I doubt I will be getting one. I'm not paying 1800 euro's for the desktop version. I would have to sell my JP8000 and my Virus B and that would get me just past half way to the price of the desktop version and I don't want to sell my B anyway. I couldn't part with it now after all these years. I would probably have to sell everything else as well.

I may have to settle for something a little bit less exstravagant this christmas, perhaps a Futureretro Revolution.
Old 10.11.2004, 05:45 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

I don't mind being the odd man out. The hypersaw thing doesn't impress me. I'd rather have a regular saw wave that sounded better than hundreds of detuned saws that sound slightly weak. Besides, couldn't I just program a patch with three saws and play with the unison settings? Sure you lose polyphony, but if you're just going to multitrack, I don't see the difference. I almost never go above Unison Twin Mode anyway, because that much layering and detuning sounds like crap to me.

Digital Screams, this isn't everything you've ever wanted. Your chief complaint about the Virus was that the VA sound wasn't as good as a Jupiter-8 or a Pro One. Well, this Virus doesn't seem like it will be too much different. Sure, it has better specs and integration, but will it sound better? Maybe the better DACS will help, but I'll wait and see. It still has the same old Virus-y oscillators. I haven't heard anything about an oscillator redisign. If they come out with Moog oscs like they did with the Moog filter, that would be something. But the Virus TI leaves me cold.

I know I don't have too many posts here. I don't want you guys to think I'm trolling. I love my Virus KB, but I understand it's limitations and try to play it's strengths. In my opinion, the TI dosn't address the Virus line's limitations. At least the limitations that matter to me.
Old 10.11.2004, 05:48 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS

I dont think the Virus Ti is aimed at causing mind loops for existing Virus users.....the specs alone suggest its more aimed at high end music producers (i.e. people like me who want to pollute the world with more 80's style synth sounds hehe).

Im sure the TI will be very successful.

DS
You goofball, when did you become a "high end producer"?
I thought you were a psych major!

-Rob
Old 10.11.2004, 07:54 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothicIndustrial
couldn't I just program a patch with three saws and play with the unison settings?
This would not be the same - there is no way to dynamically alter the number of unison voices for one thing..

Quote:
I'd rather have a regular saw wave that sounded better than hundreds of detuned saws that sound slightly weak...It still has the same old Virus-y oscillators. I haven't heard anything about an oscillator redisign.
A lot of assumptions you are making here, my friend - let's wait and see, shall we?