Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 12.11.2004, 08:30 PM
Pro
Pro

Default Is this the end for my VC OS updates?

Now that the TI models have been launched, does that spell the end to OS updates for the C series? Does this now mean that the 6.5 OS is as far as it will go?
Old 12.11.2004, 08:49 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Default Re: Is this the end for my VC OS updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smag
Now that the TI models have been launched, does that spell the end to OS updates for the C series? Does this now mean that the 6.5 OS is as far as it will go?
Access have a good history in this regard, so I would be surprised if there wasn't at least one more update at some point.
Old 12.11.2004, 10:22 PM
Pro
Pro

I hope so, I bet there's loads of people with C series equipment who would be gutted if the TI series means they won't have OS updates again, I mean we can't all go out and buy a TI tomorrow can we? (Much as I'd like to)
Old 12.11.2004, 10:34 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smag
I hope so, I bet there's loads of people with C series equipment who would be gutted if the TI series means they won't have OS updates again, I mean we can't all go out and buy a TI tomorrow can we? (Much as I'd like to)
Remember that the C series has already benefitted from some major updates already - not least the Analog Filter in 6.5. You can't expect Access to keep shoe-horning ever more features in there - and they sure ain't gonna to turn the C into a TI via OS updates

There really is little reason for a C owner to feel gutted - it is still a fantastic synth. I know it's nice to feel that you own the best synth currently available, but that can only ever be a temporary feeling, no matter what you buy..
Old 13.11.2004, 01:38 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

The virus C updates so far have consisted of pure tuning, more arp patterns, ROM burning and the moog filters. So version jumps. The earlier virii had a few more, so it'd be nice not to be forgotten.
________
Granny anal

Last edited by saba : 26.04.2011 at 03:46 AM.
Old 13.11.2004, 07:19 AM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

i think theres going to be an os update for the C which will increse polyphony other then adding a new filter type.
Old 13.11.2004, 10:01 AM

I'm also hoping for a little more out of the C. It's still not that far removed from the B, so a little something extra would be nice.

I know it's not gunna be the any thing near the new OSCs of the TI (pitty), but a new filter and saturations would be nice.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 13.11.2004, 10:17 AM

Guys, you probably wont agree with me on this...and thats ok.

I think what started out to be a great/novel gesture is rapidly becoming dangerous. Its great to have a company that addresses bugs and issues....even nicer when they throw in the odd occasional extra feature. BUT, to get into this frame of mind of assuming/expecting that Access should keep on updating their products is a little worrying. They have just launched the TI.......and the feedback they're getting is VERY good. Everyone is excited about it. But ive also noticed some people already talking about 'will this be added in an OS update'...'can you do this' etc etc. For god sake, do you know how weird that sounds! When I buy a synth, I expect bugs/issues to be addressed.....but I never buy a synth expecting new features....even when I bought the Virus KC.

Maybe im a little oldskool in my outlook......but I think its about time people just except the great synths they have and make the most of them.

I think its about time Access slowly reducate people not to expect updates all the time. Does anyone agree with me? Or do you think im being too harsh?

Just a thought anyways. I wont bash anyone for disagreeing with me....

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 13.11.2004, 10:38 AM

I do tend to agree with you DS, but the fact of the matter is that Access do have a great rep for upgrading OSs. So why not push for a little more.

Basicly, I am very happy with the C and I won't be buying a TI. If there aren't any more updates for the C then I don't mind that much (if I bought the C recently, I'd feel a bit pissed about it). It's just the fact that Access is great for doing updates that people want more.

I have to admit, I did buy the VC with the idea in mind that I would be getting something new with new OSs. I could have bought alot of gear here in Japan instead of the C and this was a factor in my choice. Since I bought the C though, I've receieved new filters, pure tunning and the new appeg paterns. The last 2 don't mean much at all, but those filters are great!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 13.11.2004, 04:09 PM
Pro
Pro

You're right DS, I should stop moaning. I think I've been spoilt by Access and credit to them for looking after their users.