Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 16.11.2004, 02:04 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Bear in mind that he's already got a Triton Blay. It's not a choice in buying one or the other new.

He'll be lucky to get half what he paid for it (if he bought new). I'd say it's worth keeping if possible.
Old 16.11.2004, 02:12 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Yup. I wouldn't sell the Triton Extreme. You would just lose loads of money in the exhange and you might regret the whole thing afterwards. Or you could save some money and get a Virus C series synth really cheap when everybody is selling theirs in order to get the TI.
Old 16.11.2004, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juho L
Or you could save some money and get a Virus C series synth really cheap when everybody is selling theirs in order to get the TI.
i agree juho - thats definately worthwhile considering.
if you decided upon buying a c i would wait a little bit until the prices drop even further (discontinued line and all...)
i wanted a c originally, but i just couldnt help myself
Old 16.11.2004, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Personally, I wouldn't get rid of a decent workstation for any VA. Stock samples are all too important. The Extreme has an immense amount of these at your fingertips, along with a host of effects and a great set of controllers.

You can't get the Virus to realistically play pianos, guitars, orchestral, instruments, drums - real-world type sounds - that would otherwise easily come from workstations (Motif/Triton etc.). I think the Extreme allows sampling too, which is even more of a reason not to get rid of it if you're not intent on plugging that gap at a later time.
You can program drums on the Virus, but you'll never make a set of synth drums sound like any real sets. Instead they'll be more drum-machiney, naturally.

On the other hand, the workstations can do VA-type sounds, but they're never going to be as strong or flexible as the sounds coming from a dedicated VA synth.

A workstation and a VA would be the best compromise. Take a look at the second-hand market.
Old 17.11.2004, 12:46 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Thanks to all of you guys for the advice. They are very helpful. I will not sell my triton anymore after realizing that VA doesn't have those basic sounds that I also needed. I think you are right, Virus side by side with Triton is a killer combination. I think its time to save up..

Regards!
Old 17.11.2004, 08:20 AM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulidstate
So basically the Virus is a "RAW" synth. RAW in a sense that the sounds are unlike a usual synth where sounds are sampled intrument s and you have to program your own sound.
Sorry to nit pick but I would say that a "usual"synth is a synth that synthesises its sounds on the fly, not a ROMpler.

The original synths did not play back sounds and I would guess that the type of synths that you are talking about didn't appear till about 15 years after the real synthesisers.

Sorry but I couldn't let that one go...

Martyn
Old 17.11.2004, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drammy
I would guess that the type of synths that you are talking about didn't appear till about 15 years after the real synthesisers.
Actually Martyn, I believe it was 14 years and 11.5 months, NOT, in fact, 15 years as you have stated!

Pick dem nits!!!!!!

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 17.11.2004, 01:20 PM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

Touch?

God - please let that accent be on the right way round!

Drammy
Old 17.11.2004, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drammy
Touch?

God - please let that accent be on the right way round!
HAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!! Indeed......

I've got nothing now, you win

In relation to the topic, I own a Motif Rack and a Virus RackXL, and think that this combination is a definate, clear winner. Dont get rid of the Triton, and if you can afford it, get the Ti, if not, you will be more than happy with a C series. Just because some new product line comes out does not mean that the old series is obselete or worthless. The C will be an amazing synth for years to come

Good luck!

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 18.11.2004, 12:31 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Sorry to nit pick but I would say that a "usual"synth is a synth that synthesises its sounds on the fly, not a ROMpler.

The original synths did not play back sounds and I would guess that the type of synths that you are talking about didn't appear till about 15 years after the real synthesisers.

Sorry but I couldn't let that one go...

Martyn
No problem Martyn. I think you are right. Thanks for the trivia.