Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 12.06.2008, 06:40 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default not one of 'those' multi-mode threads

Hi,

Wondering if any of you with multi-mode experience, or who use m-m rather, could shed some light on this aspect of the virus.

I own a Virus KC. Last week I figured out on my own and by searching forum threads how to initiate the virus m-m and load my own patches. I noticed these things:

a. My patches sounded degraded in quality(alising,distorting,clipping, screwey sounding unison)

b. My kicks sounded like the osc.keyfollow was being messed with causing awkward 'harmonal'(sp?) changes.(each key for these patces in single mode played the same timbre)

c. It could be loads of fun, and it would be ideal to trak with and use for live performance with the right setup.

I figured, some of these problems were due to the high polyphony ratio of some of my patches, ie 1 patch using 4 voices of uni, another using 4

How do the m-m presets get awake not having these crazy negative effects? Must I 'fix' my patches before using them in m-m?

If theres anyone out there that could be my ray of sunshine, it would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Jayson