Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 15.10.2009, 11:14 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Default Might Buy a Desktop. Looking for Obvious Signs of Malfunction

Hello,
this would be my first real synth. I know nothing about synthesis and have never even used a Virus. However, from a lot of research, it seems that a Virus will suit my needs. The TI desktop is what I am after. A guy is selling one for $1500, which doesn't seem overly expensive from what I've seen. I'd probably offer him $1200 if everything looks right. So, I have two questions:

What do you think is a good price? I think the 12-15 hundred range is consistent with what I've seen elsewhere.

Are there any quick things to check while inspecting it? Obviously, I will turn it on and scroll through some patches and check for physical damage, etc. But I don't know of anything else. Could there realistically be internal problems (polyphony, arpeggiation, etc.) that can't be detected? Thanks.
Old 20.10.2009, 10:01 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

the long and short of it is that you cant see or find this i feel , your either lucky or your not , both ti's i owned have had issues in multi mode , dsp overload problems , note stealing that breaks up the audio outs , i am pondering the ti2 just to have more power and i kind of feel if its multi mode your after the ti2 is way better with 25% more power.They really need to brng out a ti 3 with 300% more power so it has no limitations.I would say just go for it , if the machines dodgy just sell it again , theres loads on the market with problems ( though the problems are essentially that the ti mk1 is underpowered when you push the machine and people dont realise how much dsp some patche use , the envisage 16 complex sounds at once via multi mode and then when the machine coughs and splutters on 4 they freak out and think the machine faulty , its not its just that its dsp isnt really upto the multimode job - thats why they released the ti 2 !if its just single mode your after then grab the cheapest one you can , they all work fine .Malfunction is mostly related to dsp overload in many virus users cases.