Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 27.10.2008, 12:13 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default Virus changing patches on it's own??

I have just started using a Ti Snow. I play synth in a band so it's almost solely used for live performance. Tonight was my first band practise with it and it is changing patches randomly in the middle of playing without me touching anything on the virus itself. For example I started playing on RAM bank 1 1-1 string sound I made, then skipped to 2-4 on the same bank resulting in my ambient atmospheric strings turning into a high pitched pad sound.

I went into the config menu to see if I could see anything that might cause it to do this, there was a change program option which I disabled and no problems after that.

Just asking really if it was a coincidence or if what I did was correct. We have a gig on Friday, a pretty important one to us and I need to know that it's not going to change mid song and make me look very stupid. Is there anything on the virus which should make it behave this way or is it a faulty unit possibly? Any help much appreciated.
Old 27.10.2008, 04:18 PM
Veteran
Veteran

does the snow change the patches randomly if you disconnect USB and MIDI IN (in case you got those connected at all)?

best, marc
Old 27.10.2008, 04:21 PM
Infektion taking hold...

hi i think what you have done is disabled the midi program change parameter when this is switched on (enabled) it will recieve midi control messages from your remote keyboard or software DAW, in fact any device that is capable of sending midi control messages leaving it disabled will prevent the snow from reciving any such messages, if you were using a remote keyboard it could have been that you pressed one of the buttons on it which sent a program change. you will be fine if you leave it disabled.
Old 27.10.2008, 06:07 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Thanks for that mate, sounds like that's exactley what was happening. I was playing a midi controller keyboard at the time. Glad what I did was right.