Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 10.10.2008, 01:38 AM
New here
New here

Default [SOLVED!] Previewing patches 2-9 in Access's Ableton TI tutorial

{EDIT} SOLVED! READ POST #3! {/EDIT}

Hi everyone. Thanks for reading. I'll try to keep this as direct as possible. I've been reading several threads with related topics, and I haven't been able to find an answer to my problem.

I'm using Mac Leopard with Ableton 7 and an Access Virus TI Polar. I've been using the tutorial to try to figure out how things work, but I'm having a problem.

I can't trigger and hear patches 2-9 in Access's Ableton tutorial from the Polar keyboard when I use the Virus Control to select a patch other than the 1st one, which is of course an obnoxious kick drum. When I press play (space bar), every thing plays fine, and the Virus Control shows that tracks 1-9 are receiving data.

When I stop playback and attempt to preview some patches other than 1, I don't hear that patch, and worse, no matter what patch I select, it ALWAYS TRIGGERS THAT *&^*&# BASS DRUM.

For example, if I select patch 3 using the Virus Control and press any key on the Polar's Keyboard, you'll notice that Ableton "sees" Midi Chanel 3 being lit up, but the Virus plays the first patch. This is messed up.

^ clicky the picture - it's kinda big..

Of course, if I unplug my virus from the computer and load up Sequencer mode, I can load up and preview (listen to) as many patches as it will allow by switching back and forth using the Part < > keys, but this doesn't work in the Ableton tutorial, or any of my attempts from scratch.

Anybody have any ideas wha't going on?

Last edited by Stu : 12.10.2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old 10.10.2008, 09:32 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Default same problem

heh Stu
i have the same problem, had my TI Polar 2 weeks now and still can't understand why i can't listen to various patches whilst in Ableton........
Old 12.10.2008, 09:55 PM
New here
New here

Okay, I made a ticket and sent it to Access. In less than an hour they sent me an email back. Here's what they said.

Quote:
Dear Stuart,
Thank you for your email. To be able to preview sounds in Live you need to activate the "arm arrangement recording" button on the track you want to play the sounds and you need to switch the input setting to "in" from "auto". Did you do this already?

Best wishes,
Joerg Huettner
I tried this and it fixed my problem. Arm all the tracks for recording and you'll be able to preview just fine. I was a little worried at first but it worked out fine when I was recording. Try expirimenting with the auto vs in and arming your tracks and you'll get it in no time.