Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 14.10.2008, 10:10 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Default keys not working virus ti

hey guys just bought a virus ti off ebay and three of the keys arnt working just wondered if there was anywhere i could get this fixed in the uk or would it be best just to send it back.... i emailed access they said they have a service center in germany but its abit far+ heavy item to ship,,,,

cheers Jamie
Old 15.10.2008, 08:43 PM

Anyone>????????
Old 16.10.2008, 12:49 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

DON'T send it back yet! Someone here had the same problem with the Polar model. It ended up being a small cable that connects the keybed to the the main circuit board. It had come unplugged in transit. All he did was open it up and plug in the cable then it worked.

EDIT: Oops. Just noticed you said only 3 keys didn't work. In that case, either find a local tech you can trust to open it, or check inside yourself. Maybe there might just be dust collected underneath the keybed that needs cleaned. Worked for my old Poly 61.

Last edited by plaid_emu : 16.10.2008 at 01:02 PM.
Old 19.10.2008, 12:59 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Hey there. I've taken my TI polar apart a few times -

The first time was because of a broken key that I replaced. Apparently, when I replaced it, I messed up a ribbon cable, because 3 keys weren't working. I took it apart, and reseated all of the ribbon cables and the 3 keys worked again. When I put it back together one of the C keys wasn't working (a completely different key from before)

heh

so after about 2 months of dealing with that, I took it apart again. To fix that problem, I actually took out the key, checked for any problems, and put it back in. Again, reseating it seemed to fix the issue.

My guess is that something got josseled in shipping.

GOOD LUCK!
Old 30.10.2008, 03:37 PM

hey cheers for that guys,,,,,,,,,,,, I took it all aprt and looks like a drink had been spilled over the keys at some point. Stripped the cicuit board down took the rubber bit off that pushes onto it and cleaned it with some cotton buds works fine now

Think the guy who sold it must have know it wasn't working although he claimed he didn't. But i got £150 knocked off the price anyway